Cooking with beer

Help Support CattleToday:

CowboyRam

Reaction score
I like to marinade my steaks in beer. I have been trying to find a good cream ale, but so far have not found one I like. I did find a pale ale I kind of liked, but it is still a little more bitter than I would like. I remember buying some Little Kings Cream Ale way back when I was younger when I lived in Northwest Colorado. I can't get it here in Wyoming. I believe it is brewed somewhere in Ohio. The last steaks I done I used Pilsner, and that turned out pretty good; I may just have to keep using Miller Genuine Draft.

I watched a video were a guy dry aged/marinated a rib roast in whiskey for forty days before cutting it into steaks. He said it was good but only marinating for several hours would give a better result. Sounded interesting.

I watched a video were a guy dry aged/marinated a rib roast in whiskey for forty days before cutting it into steaks. He said it was good but only marinating for several hours would give a better result. Sounded interesting.
I have marinated overnight before, but so far I prefer to marinate for about an hour, put my rub on it and let that sit for about an hour, and grill. I am still in the process of tweaking my rub. The last time it came out just a little to peppery, going to cut back on the pepper next time.

I have marinated overnight before, but so far I prefer to marinate for about an hour, put my rub on it and let that sit for about an hour, and grill. I am still in the process of tweaking my rub. The last time it came out just a little to peppery, going to cut back on the pepper next time.
Best rubs & seasonings I have are from the Big Cock Ranch. Bull Shyt is my fave!
Amazon product ASIN B07CZ1VRWK

I use beer, but I didn't realize it mattered WHAT beer I used. Interesting.
I don't know if it makes any difference in the beer, but different beers will give you a little different taste. I would like to get some Little Kings because I know that I liked it when I was young, just can't buy it here.

I don't know if it makes any difference in the beer, but different beers will give you a little different taste……….
It makes a difference, although it is likely the quantity rather than quality.
I once marinated for four days, and when I sobered up everything tasted like cotton balls soaked in cigarette ashes.

Buy better steaks, they shouldn't need but just a touch of seasoning. Grill them to perfection and enjoy the beer WITH the steak.

Pro Tip: put the beer in the freezer about the time you put the steaks on the grill. That little bit of extra cold ( about 20 mins. ) sure makes them go down good come summertime!

It makes a difference, although it is likely the quantity rather than quality.
I once marinated for four days, and when I sobered up everything tasted like cotton balls soaked in cigarette ashes.
that good?
You must have used better beer than I did.

Buy better steaks, they shouldn't need but just a touch of seasoning. Grill them to perfection and enjoy the beer WITH the steak.

Pro Tip: put the beer in the freezer about the time you put the steaks on the grill. That little bit of extra cold ( about 20 mins. ) sure makes them go down good come summertime!
I haven't drank anything alcoholic in 7 years and even when I did, preferred hard stuff to beer. The only beer I can say I 'liked' was P.I. beer called San Miguel but it had to be almost ice COLD!

I'm with you on that.

If ya gonna marinade it - don't 🤨 anyone reaching for the ketchup bottle…😁

Don't like the sauces at the "fancy" places either.

🤔 gravy on chicken fried steak isn't a sauce is it?

Now brining chicken before putting it in the smoker… yeah that works. Still, I'm good with just salt and pepper for that too.

Last edited:

I like to drink the beer while I grill the steaks.

Latest posts