Cook on an old disc blade

Help Support CattleToday:

ERNIBIGB

Reaction score
945966_701411803208206_2044412023_n.jpg

Anyone else tried this?

Hard to describe. I have a disc with a 6 inch piece of cold roll connecting it to another disc. Shovel hot coals in the bottom disc, and in a few minutes your cooking.

Yes. The Chinese for the last 2000 years. :lol2: :lol2:

Seriously a cool idea. :tiphat:

ERNIBIGB,
Could be the only thing I ever disagreed with Grand dad about.
He said " You ain't never thought unless you thought of something that no one else has ever thought of before"
I disagree.
If you thought the idea without having cabbaged on to it from someone else, it your idea is yours just the same.

slick4591":31lbgrj7 said:
Our ag kids always makes a few of these for their BBQ/auction. The top screws into the bottom to adjust cooking temp.

965949993_350w.jpg
Slick I saw some two weeks ago at a Jr. Livestock show. Look pretty neat.

If it were me making that i think i woulda put the big disc blade at the bottom for stability

Yeah, it's nifty but looks a little top heavy.

My dad made one for me, have made many a breakfast and stir fry on it. There is not a time that goes by when I'm using it that I don't think of him :heart:

You don't even have to wash it. When your through cooking you just throw it on the ground and let the dogs lick it off and it'll be ready to cook with next time

alisonb":1m94b39h said:
Cross 7 - you working on getting this thread locked as well :p

I haven't said a word about old flames, carousing or taking someone's wife.
I'm sticking to what I know, being an internet cattle guru :cowboy:

Mine is a table top version of what slick posted. I take it camping, and to rodeos. My bottom disco has a nut welded in it, so I can raise and lower the fire. I mostly cry potatoes in it, and bacon.

I've got one I built and use it outdoors. I was not thinking when I built it to use in the house I would have to season it and I turned some nice oak handles for it.
the disc pan I used was an old scalloped one that was nearly round from years of use.

That's one I just grabbed off the net and not one they made. They also did a Cowboy Cooler as the called it. Disc stand and disc table top. Welded four horse shoes around the edge and set a galvanized bucket inside the shoes. We bought one at the auction and they'll keep beverages a couple or three hours.

I've been needing to make one for a friend of mine. I want to improve my design a little. I'll have to post a picture when I finish it.

Out around Crane and McCamey, they just call those a West Texas Wok.
I saw a guy cook breakfast fajitas for 20 in one--all at one time.

Latest posts