Conversation piece.

Help Support CattleToday:

Scotty

Reaction score
Since we are in a coffee shop heres one. After driving a five speed for the last ten years, I noticed whn I get in the wifes car, automatic, I about put my foot through the floor.

Scotty

I drive a 6 speed. On occasion that I drive someones car that is an automatic I had clutched the brake pedal and thrown myself and all other passengers, and contents in the car up against the windshield. Talk about embarassing!

I pounded holes in the floorboards when the moved the headlight dimmer switch from where it belongs, on the floor, to the turn signal.

dun

I remenber that in my old truck! I had forgotten about that switch on the floorboard, why did they have to mess with a good thing?

For awhile I was driving two vehicles. One was an automatic with the shifter on the steering column, the other was a standard with 4 on the floor. It happened quite often that when I was driving the automatic that my foot would hit the floor and my hand would be waving around looking for the gearshift. Funny feeling.

sidney411":1hpzitcq said:
I remenber that in my old truck! I had forgotten about that switch on the floorboard, why did they have to mess with a good thing?

People that are not capable of using their feet.

Scotty

dun":1t7ob66o said:
I pounded holes in the floorboards when the moved the headlight dimmer switch from where it belongs, on the floor, to the turn signal.

Dun, at your age I figured every time you cranked the engine you bloodied your knuckles on the dashboard reaching for the choke. Just kidding! :lol:

Craig-TX

speaking of floor boards, how many of you remember watching the ground going under your feet through the holes. Them were the days!

Craig-TX":1kkpzq8y said:
dun":1kkpzq8y said:

Dun, at your age I figured every time you cranked the engine you bloodied your knuckles on the dashboard reaching for the choke. Just kidding! :lol:

Craig-TX

It was the crank whipping back around and hittiing my knuckles when it backfired that caused the problems.

dun

sca10010":11e3ut32 said:
speaking of floor boards, how many of you remember watching the ground going under your feet through the holes. Them were the days!

Unless it was raining, then you had to watch for puddles through the windshield and lift your feet before you hit them.

My truck is a five-speed, and every time I drive one of my families other cars I have to watch to not hit the brake like a clutch.

Sca10010, I own your truck now!

It's an old chevy 4x4, with hardly enough floor board to rest your heels while driving. $50 and it runs. I use it to round up the unruly cattle, as it also has no headlights, no grille, no working brake lights or blinkers, and the front bumper sticks out on the passenger side so bad I could almost spear bales with it.

Does anyone know of a little light I can add on to the wife's car? I would like to have something to watch while I wait for the glow plugs to heat up. :oops:
Poorboy

Latest posts