Contest - 'Cute Calf'

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
Got a cute calf or know of a cute calf? Take a photo of it and enter our contest.

The contest is open to all registered members of CT so please join in on the fun.

Deadline for entries - 21 June 2019 @ 24h00. The voting poll will be held from 22 - 30 June. All entries to be submitted via personal message to alisonb. The winner will be announced on 1 July. Pic dimensions should be 640x480 pix(or close to that). Please read the rules before entering.

Have fun :D

I will have to skip this one. All of the calves around here are well past the cute stage. Well that and they are all way up into the hills. I would have to borrow a horse just to get to where the calves are.

Oh I have PLENTY of adorable calfs

Holstein X Angus

Shorthorn X Angus

My Jersey Girl

cowgal604 said:

Holstein X Angus

Shorthorn X Angus

My Jersey Girl

That shorthorn calf could be related to a lot of my herd.. My bull came from Milt Stein on 0 Ave in langley.. he's kinda retired now but raised registered shorthorns

Nesikep said:
cowgal604 said:

Holstein X Angus

Shorthorn X Angus

My Jersey Girl

That shorthorn calf could be related to a lot of my herd.. My bull came from Milt Stein on 0 Ave in langley.. he's kinda retired now but raised registered shorthorns

Dont tell me that haha. The shorthorn bull that I used to borrow for a friend killed both of my cows. Now i say that lightly. But he sired 4 calves on my farm, 2 calves were sick, both killed the dam. So he was actually retired.

You may know the guy that i used for my short horns though. You know a guy with the last name Spady?

cowgal604 said:
Nesikep said:
cowgal604 said:

Holstein X Angus

Shorthorn X Angus

My Jersey Girl

Dont tell me that haha. The shorthorn bull that I used to borrow for a friend killed both of my cows. Now i say that lightly. But he sired 4 calves on my farm, 2 calves were sick, both killed the dam. So he was actually retired.

You may know the guy that i used for my short horns though. You know a guy with the last name Spady?
Nope, Milt would certainly know them though, he was president of the BC shorthorn association for quite some time... that's how I met him.. I was out of work at the time, and in their wisdom, they scheduled the AGM in the middle of calving season, so he needed someone to watch his cows... Ended up doing a fair bit of work for him and buying a bull

Nesikep said:
cowgal604 said:
Nesikep said:

Nope, Milt would certainly know them though, he was president of the BC shorthorn association for quite some time... that's how I met him.. I was out of work at the time, and in their wisdom, they scheduled the AGM in the middle of calving season, so he needed someone to watch his cows... Ended up doing a fair bit of work for him and buying a bull

Oh wow yes I bet they do know each other. Mr. Spady was big with Short horns for years. He does still breed his show line but now has switched over to a black herd, commercial herd up in 100 mile area. My Angus X Shorthorn is my last shorthorn left on our farm. Never had much luck with them and I always had a hard time selling them. Now I just stick to a black or a dark brown cow of sorts.

cowgal604 said:
Nesikep said:
cowgal604 said:

Oh wow yes I bet they do know each other. Mr. Spady was big with Short horns for years. He does still breed his show line but now has switched over to a black herd, commercial herd up in 100 mile area. My Angus X Shorthorn is my last shorthorn left on our farm. Never had much luck with them and I always had a hard time selling them. Now I just stick to a black or a dark brown cow of sorts.
I still have 2 very shorthorn looking cows.. I like them but market acceptance is in fact poor around here.. If you get the solid red ones you can do quite well

Latest posts