Contest 2 - 8 April "Little Red Barn"

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
No, not the steakhouse :p . We are looking for pics of your livestock babies - calves, foals, piglets, lambs, ducklings etc. No humans, dogs or cats this round, only livestock.

The contest will run from 2 - 8 April, the poll from 9 - 15 April and the winner will be anounced on 16 April. PM your entries to hillsdown please.

As Emerson said "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience". Good luck all!!

Fantastic category once again Alison !!! :D

This one should be a full house ! :banana:

Now everyone has no excuses not to enter as we all have new babies of some species around us this time of year ,or have pics of babies at some point in the past years. So get those cameras out and start clicking . :wave:

We are looking forward to seeing some very creative and cute entries :D

I will PM everyone back that I have received their entry to ensure a mix up does not happen again like last week with Isoms pic. If you have submitted a pic and do not hear back from me with in a day, please let us know . Thanks :)

Nice category. What's the connection between the category and the thread title - is this an expression we don't have over here?
I thought I was going to paint the dog kennel red when I saw the title, so's I could have a 'little red barn' on my farm.

Some of these that we've already seen are going to be hard to beat
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=76669

Fairs usually have a place called the "little red barn" where they keep the baby animals for kids to view and pet them etc. It is a spin from the classic "petting zoo" name.

We can call this Old McDonald's "Little Red Barn" ;-)

It doesn't have to be just calves Rego, I hope we get a wide variety of "baby" species . :D

My daughter is the photographer in the family. Do the pics have to be taken during the week of the contest, or can they be from a few days/weeks ago? She's really been interested in this CT photo contest, and has been reading every week, waiting on something she can enter.

Ouachita":1ccx060j said:
My daughter is the photographer in the family. Do the pics have to be taken during the week of the contest, or can they be from a few days/weeks ago? She's really been interested in this CT photo contest, and has been reading every week, waiting on something she can enter.

No, they can be from today, or a couple of years ago if you like . Look forward to your daughters entry Quachita :D

Getting some great entries so far ,thanks to everyone for taking time to submit a pic.

Hey you guys showing off your "cutest babies" on the breeds board ,how about entering some of those cuteys for the photo contest . :wave:

24? There's 10,000 members on this board... and we've all seen cute baby livestock.
Those guys are embarassing me, I haven't even checked last spring's photo folders yet.

alisonb":2uzrz3m0 said:
HD - I estimate approximately 24 entries this time, can you accommodate so many? :p

They better get submitting those pics then . :D

I will leave it open until Monday morning before I post the pics, should give everyone lots of time to snap a "baby" pic.

Anyone going to the zoo ? I bet there are some real cute babies there this time of year . :tiphat:

Some very cute pics coming in, gonna be hard to pic just one . :cowboy:

We still need entries for a "baby" horse, sheep, goat ,pig and anything exotic . Anyone have a pic of a baby llama or alpaca they can enter ?

Would be nice to have a full house and break a record for entries .

Happy Easter !
Easter-Thank-You.gif

Would sure love to have some baby equine pics entered folks !!

There must be someone with pics out there . :tiphat:

2/B or not 2/B":ei9sw484 said:
If the entries ever reach some record number, would it be possible for us to have more than one vote? :cboy:

Have to see about that 2b if/when we get a full house . ;-)

We are far from reaching a record for this category, surprisingly we are not get the # of entries that we thought we would . :???:

Latest posts