Contest 11 - 17 March "Looking Up"

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
Point your camera to the sky or ceiling :) and capture that soaring eagle, light bulb, high-rise building, tree, clouds, gyrocopter :D, architecture, person, cow - basically anything as long as you camera is pointed upwards.

The contest will run from 11 - 17 March, the voting poll from 18 - 24 March. All entries to be submitted via personal message to hillsdown on or before 17 March. The winner will be announced on 25 March.

Have fun!

you should have seen the stars last night... impossible to see the black of the night sky in places. But what sort of a camera do you need to capture what the eye can see??

I have some sky photos that would have been suitable for the 'what is it' category - in NZ those things are called fairies so I'm not sure naming them would help most of us understand what they are...

fairies:
fairies.jpg

looking down on the ducks in the sky:
ducks.jpg

Have never seen anything like the fairies here Rego. Does it occur often? Can you tell us a little more about them.

alisonb":2vbnodz0 said:
Have never seen anything like the fairies here Rego. Does it occur often? Can you tell us a little more about them.

I guess it happens about this time of year every year, but the last time I remember seeing that many of them was about nine - ten years ago on a farm where we also had a large dairy neighbour not bothering to control any of his weeds. Or maybe because it was also the sort of very dry summer with blue sky day after day that showed them up better?
They're thistle seed - thistledown.