concerns everyone

Help Support CattleToday:

bishopcattleco":2681nbzf said:
i told the guy his buiseness probably would not last long.so how would u guys feel if all the feedlots said 51 percent angus or all black.because i feel like charlois make the best cross of any cattle there is
At the end of the day, you opinion (or feeling) does not matter. Its the opinion of the consumer which has been reflected through your local sales barn. If this is a hobby you have going then it isn't as crucial that you follow the trend but if this is major business that it'd probably be wise to follow what is making others money or it will be your business that will not last long. I find it alittle hard to believe that your local sales barn refuses to take anything that isn't completely black and without ear. None-the-less if thats the case, you either follow suit in order to continue to do business there or take your product elsewhere.

bishopcattleco":3nr2jjmj said:
vanc and audiewyoming thanks for the advice .i will keep what i have because black angus will not make it where i live .i complain about it because i dont have the money to better another breed that is just fine the way it is. i complain because i have had people that raise angus cattle tell me the best meat they have eat was a longhorn. i complain because u dont have a clue whether u r selling an angus or sheepdog at the store.i complain because this is a message board .thanks alot
Where exactly do you live???
Angus live everywhere in the USA from South Texas to Northern Montana, and from California to New York so I guess you don't live anywhere between those places in the USA

Angus Cowman":2snw1cbg said:
bishopcattleco":2snw1cbg said:
vanc and audiewyoming thanks for the advice .i will keep what i have because black angus will not make it where i live .i complain about it because i dont have the money to better another breed that is just fine the way it is. i complain because i have had people that raise angus cattle tell me the best meat they have eat was a longhorn. i complain because u dont have a clue whether u r selling an angus or sheepdog at the store.i complain because this is a message board .thanks alot
Where exactly do you live???
Angus live everywhere in the USA from South Texas to Northern Montana, and from California to New York so I guess you don't live anywhere between those places in the USA
Living and doing well are two different things.

Ugh, another "my breed is better than your breed" argument. No breed is one size fits all, that's why there are (were) breeds. Big business is demanding conformity. Either fight it (which associations are just not doing well) or jump on board, quit the whining.

I like this forum as I can read discussions among breeders and learn about their breeds. Others use it as a boxing ring. I propose a "Pi$$ing Match" forum so if I want to waste my time reading this form of entertainment I can go there without false hope.

Most stockyards would like to have good all black hided cattle but remember the commisions are the about the same no matter what the color so I don't think they will quit taking anything. That said, some stockyards are charging a % of the sale plus so much per head. That way you do pay more if the calf brings more.

Caustic Burno":1oe5pl17 said:
Thats why they made Brangus, Beefmasters, and Brafords they can live well and make a profit.

Cover them with a terminal bull and there isn't much ear at all. Just huge healthy calves. Life is good. I pay my commission.

AudieWyoming":8xakcot2 said:
I read a lot of posters on here that are just so far gone, I know not to bother. bishop cc you fit that category to a T but your just too ripe for the pickin.

You say black cattle won't make it where you live. Yet your local sale barn caters to the better black cattle and NO ONE wants to bid on what you have to sell?

I'm not buying it either!
I agree with you 100% AW
bishopcattleco":8xakcot2 said:
vanc and audiewyoming thanks for the advice .i will keep what i have because black angus will not make it where i live .

As for Black Cattle making it where you live you are completely full of BS because I looked up a earlier post of yours and you state you are in NorthWest Arkansas and Black cattle have survived and thrived in that part of the country for yrs and yrs I think you are just a $hit stirrer and are full of BS as I also don't believe any slaebarn would refuse cattle based on color as they would be cutting their own throats , more than likely you are raising inferior cattle and they told you blacks sell better there but most likely you just made up a story so you could try to stir $****
I would like the name of this salebarn so I can contact them I have alot of calves they would like heck I can send them a potload or 2 a yr and they should be real happy :cowboy:

if your in the cattle business you raise what the market wants, and concentrate on breeding the best quailty possible trust me it aint hard too like black, plus your see more green in the long run

Latest posts