Concealed carry

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't know the law on that Van,but I feel that they should.
There should never be a "not know that one was in the chamber"You should always asume one is until you safely clear it period. In my book this man should never have a chl he's just too dangerous.

Cal

Here in CA permits come from the sheriff's office so it would be up to the local sheriff to decide but they can be denied/revoked at any time for any reason. Basic firearm safety ignorance would certainly be just cause for having it revoked.

VanC":18qz18sf said:
Here's a story that was on AOL news when I signed on tonight:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/1 ... d%3D135239

Since I live in the only state in the union that doesn't have some form of concealed carry, I don't know much about the laws. If this happened in your state, could they take this guy's permit away even if he's not charged with a crime?

In Texas he could be charged being it was accidental I doubt it.

This is the bad thing about carrying the wrong ammo in your pistol.
I don't care for a 9 just for this reason, I carry a 380 ACP with Glasser Safety slugs. It is not going through wall's or your target.

Calman":3dmx16zt said:
There should never be a "not know that one was in the chamber"You should always asume one is until you safely clear it period. In my book this man should never have a chl he's just too dangerous.

Cal
I agree Cal. No one ever knows I have mine on me. And I dam sure don't even think about taking the clip out without checking the chamber.

Isomade":1vfp7hp8 said:
Calman":1vfp7hp8 said:

Cal
I agree Cal. No one ever knows I have mine on me. And I dam sure don't even think about taking the clip out without checking the chamber.

Cal I agree with you and Isom as bad as that hurt's me.
There was several stupid things that happened here conducting a gun sale at church in a closet as well as basic gun safety.
You will never see my pistol or know that I am carrying unless I have gone defensive.

Ever since Obama gt elected they started handing out permits to anyone with the cash and could pass the requirements. Too bad they don't test for common sense

TennesseeTuxedo":34kt7n9b said:
Who the heck takes a gun into church in the first place? And why would you show it to prospective buyer inside the place? Odd.

The prospective buyer part was stupid.
There are a lot packing at the church I attend and they are sitting strategical through the church.
There a lot of nut's in this country and Christian's are under attack everyday.

"There are a lot of nuts in this country and Christians are under attack every day."

:nod: :nod: :nod:

It is rare that a gun will fire all by its self.In fact i've never heard of it.
I'd be willing to bet 99% of all so called accidently fireing of a gun had a finger on the trigger.
Then to me it changes from accident to ignorance.Or just plain stupidity and either one has no buisness with a gun loaded or empty.

Cal

Isomade":3oac5l0t said:
"There are a lot of nuts in this country and Christians are under attack every day."

Isomade":3bkz8c4d said:

I hear what you're saying and I know where you're coming from but I'd bet a year's income there has never been a gun in our church unless it was a policeman...The thought never crosses my mind to even worry about it. Call me dumb if you wish.

TexasBred":9cm5fe49 said:
Isomade":9cm5fe49 said:

I hear what you're saying and I know where you're coming from but I'd bet a year's income there has never been a gun in our church unless it was a policeman...The thought never crosses my mind to even worry about it. Call me dumb if you wish.
I'll need to see that the church actually exists and has more than 50 members. Being that you are in Texas I'll take the bet.

There is also more than enough insanity in the Christian community. Just look at DC. No one is immune. It's not the carrying that is dangerous. It's the "let me show you what I got." :wave:

Caustic Burno":3q3apnon said:
Isom you would win that bet, 95% of people with a permit will never let you know. You alway's will have the few nut cases in anything.

I'd bet the figure is better than 95%. The bad thing is when something like this happens it's all over the news and people begin to think that all gun owners are irresponsible morons, or worse.

I know there's been some crazy things happen in churches...even some shootings....but if I felt like I or anyone else there really needed to carry his pistol to church I'd be looking for another church.

TexasBred":25jreuga said:
I know there's been some crazy things happen in churches...even some shootings....but if I felt like I or anyone else there really needed to carry his pistol to church I'd be looking for another church.

TB it's not the church it's the nut's running around with a cause or high on crack.
Our service's have been interupted several times for people coming in off the hwy looking for help.
Some are legit some are pretty scary looking wanting some money to get a fix.
It is the second group that cause's worry when we tell them we wont give them money.
We will offer food and shelter to anyone in need not money, some get really mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts