Conceal Carry weapon for the wife

Help Support CattleToday:

The United States Pistol Model 1911 .45 ACP designed by John Browning is to be carried with a round in the chamber. The hammer in the FULL cocked position and the safety on. Keep in mind, the Model 1911 has a slide safety. Many semi-automatic pistols do not have a safety. The Model 1911 also has the grip SQUEEZE safety. It must be depressed by the shooters grip in order to Fire.

My point, there is ample safety features. The Model 1911 is designed to be carried with a round in the chamber and the hammer in full cock position.

If you have an opportunity to take defensive pistol training under a professional whose chosen weapon is the 1911, you will appreciate the respect professionals paid to this VERY important fundamental.

Forget the nonsense about hearing the slide launch forward or the hammer cock. Your objective is not to spread fear - your objective is to stop a would be killer from making you his victim.

Bright Raven":38l94sjs said:
The United States Pistol Model 1911 .45 ACP designed by John Browning is to be carried with a round in the chamber. The hammer in the FULL cocked position and the safety on. Keep in mind, the Model 1911 has a slide safety. Many semi-automatic pistols do not have a safety. The Model 1911 also has the grip SQUEEZE safety. It must be depressed by the shooters grip in order to Fire.

My point, there is ample safety features. The Model 1911 is designed to be carried with a round in the chamber and the hammer in full cock position.

If you have an opportunity to take defensive pistol training under a professional whose chosen weapon is the 1911, you will appreciate the respect professionals paid to this VERY important fundamental.

Forget the nonsense about hearing the slide launch forward or the hammer cock. Your objective is not to spread fear - your objective is to stop a would be killer from making you his victim.

It doesn't get better than a mil spec 1911. We conquered the world twice carrying it.

Bright Raven":296n5zfm said:

Point taken. I think everyone is taking what I said about the sound out of context. I was just making an observation. I only point a gun at something I intend to put a stop to, not scare. Just because I don't chose to CC at this time does not mean my knowledge or ability is extremely limited. :2cents:

Boot Jack Bulls":25wxug75 said:
Bright Raven":25wxug75 said:

Point taken. I think everyone is taking what I said about the sound out of context. I was just making an observation. I only point a gun at something I intend to kill, not scare. Just because I don't chose to CC at this time does not mean my knowledge or ability is extremely limited. :2cents:

I don't mean to be over-bearing. I took my defensive pistol course at the High Ore Gun Range in Montana. Instructor was ex-secret service. Probably passed away by now. He carried three 1911 pistols. All Les Baer. He also was trained in baton, marshal arts and knife. He was a no non-sense instructor. I took several private lessons under him. He was not an advocate of the noise thing. He always mentioned the guy using a shotgun and bragging about the sound it made racking a shell in. He said only an idiot gives their location away.

Btw: Don't use the word "kill". Always say you wanted to stop the assailant/s that way you defend yourself against deliberate homicide.

Bright Raven":1gt1d4kr said:
Boot Jack Bulls":1gt1d4kr said:
Bright Raven":1gt1d4kr said:

Point taken. I think everyone is taking what I said about the sound out of context. I was just making an observation. I only point a gun at something I intend to kill, not scare. Just because I don't chose to CC at this time does not mean my knowledge or ability is extremely limited. :2cents:

I don't mean to be over-bearing. I took my defensive pistol course at the High Ore Gun Range in Montana. Instructor was ex-secret service. Probably passed away by now. He carried three 1911 pistols. All Les Baer. He also was trained in baton, marshal arts and knife. He was a no non-sense instructor. I took several private lessons under him. He was not an advocate of the noise thing. He always mentioned the guy using a shotgun and bragging about the sound it made racking a shell in. He said only an idiot gives their location away.

Btw: Don't use the word "kill". Always say you wanted to stop the assailant/s that way you defend yourself against deliberate homicide.

I respect you knowledge and appreciate your insight. And I was trained to use the expression "force necessary to stop the threat". I will amend my previous post accordingly.

Boot Jack Bulls":3ao7mjyh said:
Bright Raven":3ao7mjyh said:
Boot Jack Bulls":3ao7mjyh said:

I respect you knowledge and appreciate your insight. And I was trained to use the expression "force necessary to stop the threat". I will amend my previous post accordingly.

Indeed. There is case law where a person using self defense opened themselves to deliberate homicide charges because they stated in police reports that they wanted to "kill" the assailant. Your expression is perfect.

Bright Raven":1ki4lyl3 said:
Boot Jack Bulls":1ki4lyl3 said:
Bright Raven":1ki4lyl3 said:

Indeed. There is case law where a person using self defense opened themselves to deliberate homicide charges because they stated in police reports that they wanted to "kill" the assailant. Your expression is perfect.

Glad you like it....its what I learned was the preferred expression while I was obtaining a degree and certifications in Law Enforcement. ;-)

Boot Jack Bulls":18p1qak3 said:
Bright Raven":18p1qak3 said:
Boot Jack Bulls":18p1qak3 said:

Glad you like it....its what I learned was the preferred expression while I was obtaining a degree and certifications in Law Enforcement. ;-)

Ok. You set me up. Lol

And should anyone be in a situation that you are forced use your weapon and you call the police, you are always a victim. Victim is basically your first name. "I'm a victim of a robbery attempt and my name is _________. The person that did this forced me to use my weapon to protect my self. I thought he/she was going to kill me." All 911 calls are recorded.