Computers for Dummies

Help Support CattleToday:

warpaint

Reaction score
Okay, here's my question.

I have often noticed that posters from across the pond, use a key to denote pounds instead of dollars. Now, I kinda had that one figured out, that the keyboards in the UK were designed for that purpose, but today, I saw someone use both. I have searched hi and lo on my keyboard to no avail.

I guess it was more of a statement than a question. :oops:

Hey warpaint, it ain't no mystery. We sell systems over in the UK and we just buy QWERTY UK keyboards. It has the dollar and pound signs on it. ;-)

flaboy-":274i05iy said:
Hey warpaint, it ain't no mystery. We sell systems over in the UK and we just buy QWERTY UK keyboards. It has the dollar and pound signs on it. ;-)

Since you mentioned the QWERTY keyboards, did you ever try that Dvorak keyboard?

dun

warpaint if have "Word" you can get different symbols from the command bar by clicking insert then symbols pick the one you want copy and paste from word.
₤ ^©§¿ = symbols
ªēē = Latin
ΏΣΦΨ= Greek
טשמע= Hebrew
≤≈∆√≡ = mathematical operators
☻♠♪♂ = miscellaneous dingbats
course I don't have a clue as to what they mean
I just knew where they are at

dun":3rje4zbj said:
flaboy-":3rje4zbj said:

Since you mentioned the QWERTY keyboards, did you ever try that Dvorak keyboard?

dun

Never heard of it Dun till I looked it up. Boy that layout would really screw me up.

Warpaint, we just try'in to edumacate you. :lol:

flaboy-":3qwo95jk said:
dun":3qwo95jk said:
flaboy-":3qwo95jk said:

dun

Never heard of it Dun till I looked it up. Boy that layout would really screw me up.

Warpaint, we just try'in to edumacate you. :lol:

All efforts greatly appreciated.
In vain, but appreciated, just the same. ;-)

Alt+0163=£

:eek: -- it worked! Cool!

It's pretty sad that I didn't know that, given that I develop software for a living.. :oops: I bet 95% of the people I work with don't know it either, though!

I'm just going to stick that little trick to the roof of my brain for now... One of these days I'll use it to make a co-worker feel stupid. "You mean you didn't know that? Jeez... :roll: "

:lol: :lol:

warpaint":3egljyqg said:
Whew, now we cleared that up, can anybody tell me what the exchange is for a pound into dollars? HMMMMM
My calves brought about 1.15 a pound. Did that answer you question? 550 lbs.= $632.50.

flaboy-":xttp01mq said:

Seems like it was probably 20 years ago or so (I don;t have a good grasp on how long ago things happened), that was going to be the solution to all of the typing problems in the world. I only know of a half dozen people that spent the time to go through with the learning process and they went back to QWERTY because it was easier and faster for them.

dun

I have a QWERTY keyboard and the £ is above the 3 and the $ is above the 4, don't need to use any other keys but the shift to get them both.

exchange rate today is £1 = $1.9 very high exchange rate makes everything almost half price to us.

chrisy":2cig1q0l said:
I have a QWERTY keyboard and the £ is above the 3 and the $ is above the 4, don't need to use any other keys but the shift to get them both.

exchange rate today is £1 = $1.9 very high exchange rate makes everything almost half price to us.

I thought the pound was out and th euro was in.

dun

dun":12k4guuk said:
chrisy":12k4guuk said:

I thought the pound was out and th euro was in.

dun

not in England we have kept our identity and we will not go over to Euro, those that have wished they hadn't and there is talk of reverting back, as there economy has droped considerably since the change. The richer countries such as Germany and France are carrying the poorer countries such a Italy and Greese, and they don't like it. England is to a certain amount as we are in the EU. but because of our currency being different we don't share the same dividends.

Latest posts