computer software

Help Support CattleToday:

CattleSoft is popular, as is some others i dont know the name of.

However, if you search you will find piles upon piles of posts regarding your question.

showmomof2":3gk8te5b said:
Thank you-will do that. I'm rather new here and forget about the search feature.

the search button is the best advice i could give to someone new here. there is so much knowledge in all the posts here. good luck with your search. hope you find what you need, and if you dont you can just repost your ?? and someone will be able to help

I'm using cattlesoft. I found it rather pricey and locks up occasionally. It does not interface with BBU but they said it will. It has some good custom report formats, but I don't really use them. It does help me keep track of medical, breeding and other records. It beats notecards, and since my memory is slipping away, it helps. Just don't forget to back it up.

I started using a software about 6 months ago called Ranch Manager. It is made by Lions Edge Tecnologies.
You can find it at http://www.lionedge.com
Compared to a previous program that we we're using.
#1 It is affordable.
#2 Easier to use
#3 You can keep track of your Income & exspenses without having to buy more plugins.
#3 When they say they will give you tech support they actually do without more exspense.
#4 You can import pictures of your animals.
#5 The company was able to import a Excel spread sheet with six months worth of data that saved me a whole lot of retyping @ no charge.
#6 Did I mention how easy it was to use
anyway I paid five times the cost of this program and was not happy with the other software or company and have since destroyed it..Target practice taped it to a clay and you know the rest.
Mention my name maybe they will give you an addtional break or charge you double who knows, But we like the Program and for $100.00 ya can't beat it with a stick.

fourstates":352lhdm9 said:
I'm using cattlesoft. I found it rather pricey and locks up occasionally. It does not interface with BBU but they said it will. It has some good custom report formats, but I don't really use them. It does help me keep track of medical, breeding and other records. It beats notecards, and since my memory is slipping away, it helps. Just don't forget to back it up.
fourstates-
NEVER use the words ". . . memory is slipping away!" to an old man! It strikes terror to my heart!

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":3pucb8k8 said:
fourstates":3pucb8k8 said:
fourstates-
NEVER use the words ". . . memory is slipping away!" to an old man! It strikes terror to my heart!

DOC HARRIS

What's this memory thing you're talking about?

dun":30yv8mez said:
DOC HARRIS":30yv8mez said:
fourstates":30yv8mez said:
fourstates-

DOC HARRIS

What's this memory thing you're talking about?

Isn't that some little thingy you plug into your computer? I can't remember......

I use Ranch Manager. I am happy with the software and the people are great. Always ready to help as mentioned on a previous reply.

Latest posts