Come closer I only wan't to touch you

Help Support CattleToday:

msscamp":2445pwru said:
I've got a question - again. :lol: :lol: :lol: Whatever happened to just working and regular handling of cows in order to achieve trust and familiarity? Why do so many people think they have to feed treats to be able to handle any potential problems come calving time, or any other time as far as that goes? 98% of the time it's not about treats, it's about the mindset, attitude, and confidence level of the person handling them. If my experience is any indication, cows instinctively know who they can trust and who they can't. Thoughts?
I agree, thats how we do it at Downing Cattle Co.

d6cattleman":26s3db4s said:
msscamp":26s3db4s said:
I've got a question - again. :lol: :lol: :lol: Whatever happened to just working and regular handling of cows in order to achieve trust and familiarity? Why do so many people think they have to feed treats to be able to handle any potential problems come calving time, or any other time as far as that goes? 98% of the time it's not about treats, it's about the mindset, attitude, and confidence level of the person handling them. If my experience is any indication, cows instinctively know who they can trust and who they can't. Thoughts?
I agree, thats how we do it at Downing Cattle Co.

Thank you! :) I was beginning to think we were a dying breed, or just flat strange. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts