Colorado

Help Support CattleToday:

KMacGinley

Reaction score
Hello All, My lovely wife Lynn and I are going visiting in Kansas this summer and continuing on to Colorado to see those unsightly mountains and soo,,, I am shamelesly fishing for invitations to come out to see your ranch and visit. Thanks in advance... KMac.

I don't have a ranch there but some cool places to visit are the 'Cowboy and Gunfighter Museum in Craig, Colorado-the PRCA Hall of Fame in Colorado Springs and if your heart can take it go over the Red Mountain Pass between Durango and Ouray!!!

You probably don't want to see our ranch, it's 100 degrees and dry but if you pass by us and keep on driving far enough west you can find yourself in the Wet Mountain Valley at Westcliffe, CO and that is a delight to anyone. The Sangres rise up 5,000'+ from the valley floor and cattle graze in the meadows on the valley floor.

DSC_0271.JPG

KMacGinley":8a2iovwf said:
Hello All, My lovely wife Lynn and I are going visiting in Kansas this summer and continuing on to Colorado to see those unsightly mountains and soo,,, I am shamelesly fishing for invitations to come out to see your ranch and visit. Thanks in advance... KMac.

Let me know. I know lots of people around Westcliffe, Hillside, Cotopaxi, and Texas Creek that might be persuaded to have someone visit.

traderaaron":1yjxmok9 said:
You probably don't want to see our ranch, it's 100 degrees and dry but if you pass by us and keep on driving far enough west you can find yourself in the Wet Mountain Valley at Westcliffe, CO and that is a delight to anyone. The Sangres rise up 5,000'+ from the valley floor and cattle graze in the meadows on the valley floor.

DSC_0271.JPG

This picture was taken about 3 miles from my house.

Mac I hope you pay us a visit.

I would love to Ned, in fact figure on it.

Dwight,, Do you and the Missus want to go along with us when we leave your place?

Idaman":1x9ctxra said:
KMacGinley":1x9ctxra said:

Let me know. I know lots of people around Westcliffe, Hillside, Cotopaxi, and Texas Creek that might be persuaded to have someone visit.

Thanks Idaman, I will let you know, looks like the last week of July, if we ever get any hay baled. :)

traderaaron":3qmw5uyo said:

DSC_0271.JPG

That would be Louis Lamour country I believe, home of the Sacketts.

KMacGinley":lefr62q5 said:

Dwight,, Do you and the Missus want to go along with us when we leave your place?

Liz and I would love to go with you onto Colorado, but it may not work out this year. Liz has suggested that you stay at the Elmore Hotel at the "someday famous" Steadfast Ranch while in Kansas. Boaz and the girls will love to see you as well. We have two rooms available: Early Mederiteranian and Late Teenager. Would you enjoy cocktails on the south porch?

Julian":2y9wd06s said:
KMacGinley":2y9wd06s said:

Liz and I would love to go with you onto Colorado, but it may not work out this year. Liz has suggested that you stay at the Elmore Hotel at the "someday famous" Steadfast Ranch while in Kansas. Boaz and the girls will love to see you as well. We have two rooms available: Early Mederiteranian and Late Teenager. Would you enjoy cocktails on the south porch?

Do I need to have more cows out?

KMacGinley":wcdsm69o said:
S&S, I will bring my cattle herding stick. :)

That was a comment for Julian I gave him a bottle for drinks last week when he put in a heifer for me when I was an three hours from getting home :tiphat:

S&S Farms":2eg1gpw6 said:
KMacGinley":2eg1gpw6 said:
S&S, I will bring my cattle herding stick. :)

That was a comment for Julian I gave him a bottle for drinks last week when he put in a heifer for me when I was an three hours from getting home :tiphat:

KMac,
You can trade in your herding stick for an "olive speer" when you get here.
Do you prefer shaken or stirred? Dirty or neat?

Kmac, We are north of Ohlde's half an hour and seeings how you know where that is if it fits your trip I'd be more than happy to show you around our place for a couple hours. Just let me know what days you think you'd be in the neighborhood and I'll make sure I'll be available.

Jake

You are welcome to stop by here in eastern Colorado. We are the forgotten part that should be annexed to Kansas, but they don't want us either. You can see some good Red Angus cattle and some Blacks including a OCC bull. The best part of here, is the visitors only have an hour and a half ride to Denver. Julian needs to get his butt out here to see some of these Julian cattle anyway, so throw him in the back (watch your back though, he's a biggin).

I would let him sit in front if he behaves himself and rethinks this not going along thing. :) Thanks for the invite, sounds like it is on the way we are going.