Color me stupid

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I was watching the news this morning and an ad came on promoting us supporting the TSPLOST tax this November and they claimed the DOT was not fairly giving out the transportation tax and if we'd support this tax everything would be fair and equitable. Couldn't help but notice the ad was sponsored by the very same people they were bashing and did a little homework and found this same agency is spending $6.5 million to run this ad. Just can't understand why they would spend this much money on an ad when they could use this money to repair roads least of all bash themselves. :???: Color me stupid but I don't get it.

because it is a heck of a lot easier on the idiot bureaucrats to spend money advertising than it is to actually do some work.

It's just a selling tactic, a simple gambit to increase revenues for the DOT by $18 billion over the ten year term of the tax.

I guess the 6.5 million is a small investment for such return. I can't help but think of my friend who retired from DOT after less than 14 years of service after they gave him the option to either retire or go to prison. I guess these funds will help pay his $80,000/year pension.

Color me stupid again for not applying with DOT.

pdfangus":16qqtmjh said:
because it is a heck of a lot easier on the idiot bureaucrats to spend money advertising than it is to actually do some work.
OR find someone that will work.

My brother's friend's cousin's son owns an advertising agency. He was intended to get in on the cut when I approved the commercial. Unfortuneately the job was outsourced to Bangladesh.

Thanks GP, my bad. Lots of stuff coming up this year for me to vote against. I gotta be sure to be there and on time.

A question. Now, I like Ga.--I really do. My loving wife was born there. I like the Georgia peaches and pecans and I like their rough and rowdy football.............But I gotta ask.
Does everyone in Georgia drive like the folks in Atlanta?

Atlanta can't hardly keep their pants up much less drive without laying down in the seat. To answer your question NO!

Atlanta isn't normal for Ga anymore than el paso is for tx

I agree. Atlanta is a different world altogether. I dread having to go to Atlanta. Once you head north and pass Macongo you are in a different time warp if you stay on I-75.

same way in our occupied territory of Northern Va.

You cross the Rappahannock River at Fredericksburg and you pretty much go into another dimension.

The map says it is part of Virginia....but the rest of us disavow any assoociation whatsoever. that is a suburb of DC and is the reason why Virginia was counted as an Obamanation supporting state.

ga.prime":2mjg102m said:
Atlanta drivers are self-absorbed and discourteous!

I don't agree with a mandated seatbelt law and in Atlanta this law is so unnecessary because only a fool or someone with a death wish would wear their seatbelt.

I received a mailing from the chamber of commerce describing how the T-SPLOST money would be spent in our county. It told how much money we would get for our transportation improvements and how 85% of all this money would be used for improvment of our rail system which according to the mailing was vitally important for three businesses in our area and if the TSPLOST was not voted in these businesses would fail and many jobs would be lost in our community.

I didn't like the sound of more jobs lost so I made a few calls to some prominent people in these industries. Turns out these businesses are not in dior straights as the mailing said since there is already tax money set aside for the improvement of the rail system which explains why they are currently laying down new tracks before the vote.

The biggest threat with their closure is more due to whether or not they will relocate to another country where regulations aren't so stifling. The idea of the tax dollars being spent on our rail system made me scratch my head since our rail system was purchased by an individual company then gifted to a town which then made it tax exempt. It then was sold to a privately held company whose identity isn't easily determined through public records but the rail continues to enjoy the tax exemption so I wondered why a private entity would deserve somewhere around $650,000 per year for the next ten years or so from of our tax dollars if the improvements were already paid for with appropriated tax dollars. But then I realized one of the owner's of our local rail system's son is an elected official in Atlanta representing our interests and it all became very clear.

I also did a little more homework on this and based on the weekly train deliveries it will only cost the taxpayers $6,250.00 each time the train runs down the tracks since it only runs twice a week. This is not considering the money that is already appropriated to fix all the tracks on the route and it makes you wonder if the improvement of the tracks are already paid for then what exactly will this money be used for. Of course if I owned the railroad tracks myself I'm pretty sure it would cost me near about $649,999 a year to keep the grass mowed and the bushes trimmed - assuming of course the taxpayer was flipping the bill. Yep, I'm pretty sure I could tighten the belt a bit and make this work. :bang:

Just another way for the goverment to steal and waste more of our tax dollars. DOT will have to quadruple their employee's before they can get anymore work done. It takes 3 employee's to watch the one that is actually working.
And that's not counting the supervisors. Atlanta is in a different world the way I see it, just like all big cities.

Latest posts