Coleman Bravo 6313

Help Support CattleToday:

Got some on the way. I have heard that they are really nice but haven't seen any yet. We are big followers of their program and they are obviously pretty high on him. He will make great females.

Are all Coleman's cattle small framed like charlo? I can't find much info on their website as to how their cattle are raised?

Bravo is larger in frame than his sire Charlo.
I would say that they are mostly moderate to medium framed. We bought a Donor Cow from them that is medium/larger framed.
Coleman Everelda Entense1169 , she is the Dam of Coleman Engage 5255 (Accelerated Genetics) and her calves are amazing. They are the best calves at our place for sure. We will be selling a full brother to Engage at Midland Bull Test this Spring.
Coleman's genetics have worked the best of any program for us.

LCBulls":3pls6mp7 said:
Bravo is larger in frame than his sire Charlo.
I would say that they are mostly moderate to medium framed. We bought a Donor Cow from them that is medium/larger framed.
Coleman Everelda Entense1169 , she is the Dam of Coleman Engage 5255 (Accelerated Genetics) and her calves are amazing. They are the best calves at our place for sure. We will be selling a full brother to Engage at Midland Bull Test this Spring.
Coleman's genetics have worked the best of any program for us.

Are they developed on feed or forage based programs?
Connealy has worked very well for me. Majority of my connealy cows can get fat on decent hay only.

They are a forage based program.
I'm sure that Connealys have some really nice cows. We liked our Connealy Capitalist 028's.

Just saw this thread and i just posted asking about this bull. Can anyone post pics or give an opinion on the calves they have seen?

hornedfrogbbq said:
Just saw this thread and i just posted asking about this bull. Can anyone post pics or give an opinion on the calves they have seen?

We have some. They are definitely heifer safe. Ours all came really small. We have President and Raindance calves as well and were a little disappointed in the Bravos at first. Ours don't have near the growth as those by President and Raindance. It seems that they are just starting to come on. They do have really nice shape and I'm sure that they will make really good cows.
I just think that Raindance and Presidents are in a different league from what we've seen so far.

Most Coleman bulls are going to do what OCC bulls do, bring down frame size and add power. I like that the Coleman's are really consistent with their cattle, all the Donna's pretty much look the same. If I were ever to dabble in their genetics I would plan on going several generations.

CreekAngus said:
Most Coleman bulls are going to do what OCC bulls do, bring down frame size and add power. I like that the Coleman's are really consistent with their cattle, all the Donna's pretty much look the same. If I were ever to dabble in their genetics I would plan on going several generations.

I agree, we really like their genetics. We've got 5 year old daughters of Charlo and two of our Donors were purchased from Coleman Angus. I think that Schaffs genetics cross well with theirs because Kelly's are bigger cows but with really good Phenotype and Maternal characteristics.
Larry doesn't mess around with culling for problem cattle. He's as discriminating as they come.
Some of our cows are a little small for some people's liking. So crossing them with some larger genetics with good maternal worked for us.
Our best calves have been from crossing their programs. I think the Charlo x 4136 turned out really nice for Kelley and all those who invested in that flush.

Raindance at SAV

LCBulls: I don't think I've ever heard anyone complain about Charlo progeny, the only knock is they can be snotty, but everyone I know that has some, wishes they had a few more.

CreekAngus said:
LCBulls: I don't think I've ever heard anyone complain about Charlo progeny, the only knock is they can be snotty, but everyone I know that has some, wishes they had a few more.

Yeah, I've heard people comment on that. We haven't had any with disposition problems so far. Only one who likes to push forward when in the loading tub.
They are Deep,Broody,beautiful cows, and I love their head shape.
Some of our most friendly young cows are by Charlo actually. One President Heifer will come find you in the pasture Wanting to be scratched.

(Charlo x 1169 heifer last Spring)

We start selling our bulls private treaty every year in December, the calves are 14 months old and all have. Passed a BSE. Last year we had 6 calves out of a flush of Charlo x SAV Blackcap May 0524, they were all like peas in a pod with the exception of one that had a recip that just didn't milk (she got culled) the were the first 6 bulls sold. I did get one heifer out of the flush and she is in the bred heifer pen and looks pretty sporty. LCbulls good looking Charlo calf and a mighty nice looking young man standing with her. We have had a couple that have been snorty and will tell customers that but it has not deterred them. If they were real bad we would cull them, we are both to dang old to outrun them. I am a fan of Charlo some of my favorite calves this year are out of Reign and Rainfall which are Charlo sons X 4136. It is hard to believe we are just a couple months from the start of calving season.

Gizmom

gizmom said:
We start selling our bulls private treaty every year in December, the calves are 14 months old and all have. Passed a BSE. Last year we had 6 calves out of a flush of Charlo x SAV Blackcap May 0524, they were all like peas in a pod with the exception of one that had a recip that just didn't milk (she got culled) the were the first 6 bulls sold. I did get one heifer out of the flush and she is in the bred heifer pen and looks pretty sporty. LCbulls good looking Charlo calf and a mighty nice looking young man standing with her. We have had a couple that have been snorty and will tell customers that but it has not deterred them. If they were real bad we would cull them, we are both to dang old to outrun them. I am a fan of Charlo some of my favorite calves this year are out of Reign and Rainfall which are Charlo sons X 4136. It is hard to believe we are just a couple months from the start of calving season.

Gizmom

Thanks, that heifer is a full Sister to Coleman Engage 5255. If I remember correctly, I think it was you that might have some Engage calves. Would love to hear how those turn out.
The few we saw at Coleman's looked very nice.

Your right we have a few Engage calves due in early October. Looking forward to seeing hw the look. Also have some Coleman Bravo due. Pretty excited abou our Bruin Torque calves he is the real deal.

Gizmom

gizmom said:
Your right we have a few Engage calves due in early October. Looking forward to seeing hw the look. Also have some Coleman Bravo due. Pretty excited abou our Bruin Torque calves he is the real deal.

Gizmom

Nice!, Torque looked really nice when we saw him at stud.

This was our full brother to Engage and the Heifer that was pictured in earlier post. He Ratio'd really well at Midland Bull Test.

Latest posts