COLD AND COLDER

Help Support CattleToday:

Carlos D.

Reaction score
WITH THE WIND CHILL ITS -48 DEGREES CELCIUS THATS ABOUT -57 FARENHIET YOU DONT HAVE TO BE TOUGH TO LIVE HERE BUT IT HELPS. BET IVE HEARD NOISES FROM A DIESEL ENGINE WHEN WERE TRYING TO GET IT STARTED THAT YOU FOLKS IN TEXAS COULDNT IMAGINE

I hear you, Carlos.

We're at a balmy -25C here currently (and no wind, thank God).

Had to make a run to the dump today, and the pickup wouldn't hardly run on propane...had to switch over to gas, and even then it ran rough.

The weather's supposed to warm up starting tomorrow, and I can hardly wait.

Nice Char sired heifer calf born this evening, but even with the best attention, she's still going to lose about 1/4 of her ears. Going to have to make frequent checks tonight, as there's half a dozen ready to pop.

Oh well, at least we're not knee-deep in gumbo and fighting the scours bugs (knock on wood!).

Take care and stay warm.

-7F with windchill of -30F today, colder thru the weekend and will be above 0 by Tuesday...that is the forcast anyway! Thankfully the cold snap will be short lived....

Today is FAR warmer than yesterday!! -26 right now but going up to -10 with sun and very little wind today.:) Mom is on night shift but I didn't get a call so no problems last night. I did tell her to start the feed truck for me at least once during the night. Yesterday morning I had a heck of a time getting it started even though it was plugged in. It's 16 years old so it needs to be babied a bit in the cold weather. Supposed to be above freezing by Monday. Sure glad this didn't stick around too long. Only one calf born in it (unless someone had one last night) and she wasn't bothered by the cold at all. Outside playing yesterday having a great time. Glad it sounds like the bad weather is on its' way out for everyone.

Latest posts