Coho Salmon and Maple Syrup

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
There are some sure enough horse traders on the board. I like horse traders. Good people. Here is the results of what I do with real maple syrup and Coho salmon a couple members fixed me up with. Won't mention names but you know who you are and I appreciate you. Though I don't know squat about salmon nor maple syrup I hope I've done the syrup and salmon justice. Thanks again. Gonna have the whole family here for Easter and I believe this maple syrup smoked salmon is going to be a hit - assuming it lasts till Easter.

flCA7dph.jpg

Fire Sweep Ranch

Reaction score
I LOVE LOVE LOVE smoked salmon!
I brine the salmon in brown sugar, salt and pepper for around 12 hours. Then rinse and pat dry. I put it in my smoker at 220 and it takes about an hour to get the salmon to 140. It almost never gets cold, since the family devours it.

I have never tried the maple syrup, what is the recipe?

Dave

Reaction score
Having been raised on salmon about 6 days a week I find smoked salmon about the only way it is palatable. But good fresh smoked Coho, Chinook, or Sockeye done right is very good.

Alan

Reaction score
You look like an old pro with that smoked salmon! Looks great, I have a few fillets left in the freezer may have to try that recipe!

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Jogeephus":15sy21hz said:
There are some sure enough horse traders on the board. I like horse traders. Good people. Here is the results of what I do with real maple syrup and Coho salmon a couple members fixed me up with. Won't mention names but you know who you are and I appreciate you. Though I don't know squat about salmon nor maple syrup I hope I've done the syrup and salmon justice. Thanks again. Gonna have the whole family here for Easter and I believe this maple syrup smoked salmon is going to be a hit - assuming it lasts till Easter.

flCA7dph.jpg

That looks so good.

Latest posts