Coffee brand?

Help Support CattleToday:

gizmom":l0r3l9li said:
I like the smell of coffee but it just taste nasty.

Gizmom
I've never heard anyone taking their first sip of black coffee say.... mmm... mmm good.
It's an acquired taste. I know many that started just because it was free at work.

Folgers Classic Roast here. Sometimes the wife will buy HEB brand and it's not bad. Not gonna pay $4 a cup for anybody's coffee no matter how good it might be.

Maxwell House French roast is our usual. Not above the McDaniels Save A Lot brand if we are running out and don't want to go all the way into town. If we are traveling McDonald's coffee is about my first choice.

greybeard":103q29oc said:
I have both a drip type coffee maker and one of those Kcup things. Had to stop buying the pods for the Keurig..I was drinking way too much coffee with it...it's just too convenient. And the pods are expensive compared to a pot made from ground coffee, even getting 2 cups/pod.

(That 1st cup of coffee out of the pot is the best one..has more oils and flavor to it. With the K-cups, you get that every cup, so I was going thru over 40 pods in a week.)

There are reusable pods that I use to make with any brand you like. I use Folgers Decaf in our Kuerig reusable pods. Then I save the grounds for compost then wash the pods and do it again. I am just too cheap to buy all new pods all the time.

The coffee I like is Save-A-Lots McDaniel's Special Roast. I have tried several before and it is as good or better tasting to me than any others. My wife is picky about her coffee and she doesn't complain.

I currently have 5 full cans laid up, enough to do me a month or so.

Wx1mHgg.jpg

Bigfoot":zwq71er4 said:
Dollar General brand instant here.

We switched from Folgers to Food Lion store-brand Colombian roast. So much less expensive.

As cg8 posted, from time to time I'll buy a bag of something else, and have as an afternoon treat kind of thing.

Jalopy":r47bcvv1 said:
greybeard":r47bcvv1 said:
I have both a drip type coffee maker and one of those Kcup things. Had to stop buying the pods for the Keurig..I was drinking way too much coffee with it...it's just too convenient. And the pods are expensive compared to a pot made from ground coffee, even getting 2 cups/pod.

(That 1st cup of coffee out of the pot is the best one..has more oils and flavor to it. With the K-cups, you get that every cup, so I was going thru over 40 pods in a week.)

There are reusable pods that I use to make with any brand you like. I use Folgers Decaf in our Kuerig reusable pods. Then I save the grounds for compost then wash the pods and do it again. I am just too cheap to buy all new pods all the time.
Yeah, I have a couple of those plastic inserts and do use them sometimes. I can get 2 cups of coffee out of each one if I fill it to the line at the top. But, I can't put anything like grounds or kitchen waste in my sink drain so I have to scrape every bit of the used ground out before I rinse it out in under the sink faucet. Those inserts arent cheap either. $7.50 each, so it even takes quite a few cups of you own grounds to make one insert pay for itself compared to what a regular cup of coffee costs in my drip type maker.

Don't take coffee. Tried several times, just never cared for it. Water or milk to start the day, maybe a Coke with lunch.

Take your pick. Always mix it up here - get bored with same blend after a few days or so. Big bulk cans of Folgers, Edwards and Tim Hortons always in stock along with all the smaller specialty blends. No reusing grounds here - one strong pot and it's in the garbage. Drink at least a pot a day, sometimes 2 if company is around or it's a busy day and need to refuel.

Aaron":32hn5egd said:
Take your pick. Always mix it up here - get bored with same blend after a few days or so. Big bulk cans of Folgers, Edwards and Tim Hortons always in stock along with all the smaller specialty blends. No reusing grounds here - one strong pot and it's in the garbage. Drink at least a pot a day, sometimes 2 if company is around or it's a busy day and need to refuel.

Now there's a man that loves his coffee!

Latest posts