clippers

Help Support CattleToday:

CKC1586":2xsfopj5 said:
I don't know why not. You would just need to have your preferred blades, right?

I agree. When I bought my latest set of big Oster's the guy said he'd been selling a lot of them to horse people.

i pro. clip horses for shows for people and the same clippers i use for that i use on my show cattle monthly i also use them on my llamas during the summer

I am also in the market for a new set and the Andis AGC 2 speed look like the best for the price to me. i have used a friends before and really liked them but i dont know. im still looking

Sullivans sells refurbished clippers. You can get a good set of clippers that might have had something minor wrong with them for a pretty good price. Next time I need to get clippers (which hopefully wil be a long time from now) I will look into the refurbs.

Ryan

If you are working haired cattle you will need a set of blocking blades as well as fine hair blades. I use 4 sets of clippers 1 large horse head for heads and tails- up next to the skin. 1 large sheep head for blocking. 1 small andis 2 speed for the tight spaces I use an agressive x block blade for it. 1 small rechargable oster brand. Ryan mentioned sullivans here is the web site. They will be very helful on your search. I f you can wait their real knowledgable guys are in Ft. Worth for about 2 more weeks. http://www.sullivansupply.com/default.aspx

I have quite a few pairs of clippers, but a use a beef head or horse clippers, and sheep clippers, for slipping heads and neck and slick shearing. I also have a few pairs of the andis 2 speeds, If you want them to they will clip a whole steer.

For the andis 2 speeds, I have a #10 wide, a blending, a blocking, a 5/8's, and then a X-block, that is what you need to completly clip a steer with andis 2 speeds, except the x-block and the blocking, if your not fitting with adheisives.

However you can completly clip a steer with a big set of clippers, so you wil need a smaller set, and with the andis 2 speeds, you dont need any other clipers, you can do it all with them

Latest posts