Clinton Chuckwagon Races

Help Support CattleToday:

BRYANT

Reaction score
I went to the chuck wagon races in Clinton Ar. this year was my first time to attend them. Does anyone else go to them?
It was not really my thing but there was a lot of people there so people must like them. Might be more fun to camp out and be there all week. I only went for one day

Many moons ago, I was in to them. The crowd at those (not necessarily Clinton, cause I've never been), can be a little rough. We have 2 in Western KY, that draw big crowds.

I have friends that go but I've never been personally. I've always been told there's two main campsites. One for the party crowd and one for the other folks just wanting to camp out and have a good time. It's a pretty big deal here and most anybody you walk up to on the street knows about the chuckwagon races.

I am not a party person so I would have to stay with the ''camp out and have a good time crowd'' for sure. I just don't like to see any sport that they put the welfare of their horses /mules in danger just to say they won. Seen way to many crashes where the team or outrider were knocked to the ground and had to be un harnessed and helped up or even put in a trailer and taken off.

I have several friends that go and run at Clinton, but we do not personally go. When Charlotte, Arkansas hosted a race one year we went, but only because we were running a BBQ concession stand. That was crazy enough for us. A lot of the same people that go to Clinton came to it.

I worked with a guy that ran in it every year until about two years ago. I think they got asked to not come back due to different things. He ran chuck wagon and his sister ran the little wagons and ponies, and his dad ran ponies also. Another I worked with was also in it. I think they both were at the top when I worked with them last about 3 years ago. It looked like a big party to me so I never went while I was working up there.

Latest posts