Climate Migrations ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Seeing a lot of "migration" from Somaia to one of the cities by me. Does that count?

Here in NorthWest Arkansas it's unreal at the population growth. Up until this happened it was a nice place to raise a family.

It's unreal at the number of people buying these utility buildings from Lowe's to live in.
Arkansas has a bad rep here. One family moved up some years ago. They live in a small travel trailer and had an old semi trailer parked next to it for storage.

Speaking of Aaron where has he been?
I was worried he may have been chasing fallen women, but it turns out he was working on a new furnace. We take dual heat very seriously in the north.

Rumor is Americans are selling their Canadian (recreational) property since they can not get there from here w/o Canadian relatives.

Last edited:
They want to "fix it" by taxing success into oblivion.

The wealth gap is ever increasing, the 1% use loopholes and exemptions to get away with paying as little as they can get away with, leaving the tax burden on the shrinking middle class, who are stretched financially to begin with.

Trump didn't save me a dime. My tax returns have been roughly the same. He's a business man, although not a particularly good one, but his tax cuts primarily benefited people in his wealth class.

From what I have seen, most people complaining about the Democrat tax plan don't make near enough to be affected by it. $400k a year is exceptional almost anywhere, in this area you are doing well if you make 1/10 of that.

Just trying to bring a differing viewpoint into this echo chamber.

I was planning to escape to Canada and buy some Herefords from Aaron, but then they closed the border. Will have to hang tough for a while since no one wants to come here, and that makes it a low virus area.
Better hurry your dollar is dropping and land's gone up above $400/ac in this area, lol. There's more expensive areas around but cattle country is still reasonable for now.

My daughter, husband and three kids moved there last June. I have not been yet, but have been through there before. Form looking at the pictures their house is one of the smaller ones in the subdivision. Their close neighbors either work at the college or hospital as one recommended her to the hospital admin. and she got a good job within two weeks. So far they like it as a very nice place.
It's different for all of us i guess.

I was born here, lived here all my life. I will be 60 years old in July. So i know how things were before it got to where it is now.

I don't like crowds, bumber to bumper traffic and knowing how dangerous it is here anymore.

Last Friday my daughter and 2 year old grand daughter pulled into their carport . Their gog was barking like crazy at the utility room door that had been kicked in. My daughter got her pistol and just as she stepped out of her truck a man stepped out of the utility room that he had broken into. She pulled her pistol on him and ask him what he was doing. He wasn't scared enough that he just took off. He didn't leave until she made it clear she was fixing to shoot him. Cops caught him, arrested him. He just got out of prison a few days eariler, already had a warrant for his arrest.

This happened outside of Fort Smith Arkansas which is about 50 miles South of Farmington.

Farmington, Fort Smith, Fayetteville are like most big cities. Full if drugs and thugs. A friend of mine who works a an under cover narcotics detective said I40 and I49 is a major intersection for drug trafficking. The gangs that are established in these towns do alot of the trafficking in them. And the cops aren't doing nothing about it.

The gangs that are established in these towns do alot of the trafficking in them. And the cops aren't doing nothing about it.
We have the "Finnish Mafia" up in the north woods. If you get out of line and the cops won't deal with it - - then they take you out in the woods and beat the living shiiiit out of you. They usually have a brother or a cousin in the enforcement group to preempt any charges. Works really well in small towns.

Latest posts