Clean Up

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
cowgal":3n8zle3r said:
the way perversion is more intolerable than cruelty and meaness.
Interesting statement cowgal. Care to elaborate for me?
What are you saying that you have seen that was so cruel and mean you wouldn't want a kid to watch?

certherfbeef":2rcvze1i said:
I have to say that I'm not a fan of these boards right now either. I used to check in at lunch time and in the evening everyday. Granted, things are busy on the home front right now and the computer is not on the "to do" list...but the company here is not what it used to be and there is not much here that I enjoy reading anymore. I tend to use the 'mark all topics read' feature more often that not. Only reason I check in once a week now is because of the private messages.
YA YA, I know. If I don't like it, it won't take as much of it to do me.

I'm fed up and I'm gone. :(

Thanks Macon. It's been fun.
There are several folks here that I feel I can call friend. I look forward to future meetings and conversation with them. There are ALOT of good people here. I hope the newbies can continue to sort thru the garbage and get some use out of these boards the way Macon intended.

Good Bye all. See some of you later. :cboy:

I totally agree Certherf we need the moderators back to kick some of this bunch in line or out I am not far behind you. I know of several others also that will be a great loss to the board. See you later I hope, the board has lost a tremendous asset.

I totally agree about cleaning up the boards. They are not what they used to be. I have not even read the topic you are talking about and don't plan on it. ( along with pretty much the whole coffee shop) I am so glad to find out that I am not the only one that was thinking that it has gotten pretty bad. It really is too bad as it used to be a nice place to share & learn.

Camp, "we need the moderators back", when did they leave? If they never left maybe they need to do the job they are supposed to. I came here to learn and still am. There are some "real" cattle people here and we just lost one of the great ones. If I wanted smut why would I come to a cattle board?

Campground Cattle":1gajo560 said:
certherfbeef":1gajo560 said:
I have to say that I'm not a fan of these boards right now either. I used to check in at lunch time and in the evening everyday. Granted, things are busy on the home front right now and the computer is not on the "to do" list...but the company here is not what it used to be and there is not much here that I enjoy reading anymore. I tend to use the 'mark all topics read' feature more often that not. Only reason I check in once a week now is because of the private messages.
YA YA, I know. If I don't like it, it won't take as much of it to do me.

I'm fed up and I'm gone. :(

Thanks Macon. It's been fun.
There are several folks here that I feel I can call friend. I look forward to future meetings and conversation with them. There are ALOT of good people here. I hope the newbies can continue to sort thru the garbage and get some use out of these boards the way Macon intended.

Good Bye all. See some of you later. :cboy:

I totally agree Certherf we need the moderators back to kick some of this bunch in line or out I am not far behind you. I know of several others also that will be a great loss to the board. See you later I hope, the board has lost a tremendous asset.

I've got one foot out the door and an arm too... been kinda fed up with some of the way things are going lately... all the smart@$$es that are here now... between me moving further from the farm and all the rest of the stress in my life right now I sure don't need any from the boards in which I run to escape it all, beings how this is my only escape, now it's gone to the dogs too..... :roll: :help:

Well, this train is about to run away - so it is time for me to once again jump in with a big mouth and hope I don't get stomped too hard.

Caustic started out here:

I think Macon needs to clean up the coffee shop especially threads like the Sex Fairy. This is the Cattle board not the sex boards I am sure you perverts can find a sex board.

Makes you want to log off and go outside and throw up.

Have to admit I tramped in to the offending thread - looked around and left - not my cup of tea.

It has quieted down a bit and seems to have died a natural death - good thing in my books.

Now it appears we may have a few departures from the "old hands".

Some will see it as a natural progression - others - myself included will see it as much more. Those who leave will be sorely missed.

Never met you folks, but during the dreary times when the lawyers and bankers were circling my place like vultures - and some still are - this was a place that - like Jake - some of us came for a moment of escape and certainly another view point.

Unlike the old "Why can't we all get along" type of left leaning pablum from the 60's - this place has been known to have more than a few arguments and more than a few friendships have grown.

This post is because I personally have had not only encouragement, but ass kicking when it appeared to be needed. CA and I have chatted on the telephone and via PM, Ollie and I have had extended PM conversations, Kaiser – when he shows up - and I have talked on the phone, Certs has posted pics for me, Dick and I have chatted in small ways about military service, GWH and I have talked about – guess – Herefords, msscamp and I have chatted about life on the farm and different ways to look at life, SF and I are working on horn weights – still waiting for you to let me know when you get the larger weights by the way, frenchie and I talk often about cattle and other folks, DocGreyBull and I have talked chicken feed, Texan has complimented me on a post I made, Sydney411 and I chatted about marking a cows tits with food colouring, Macon and I talked about a possible scam artist in China, Jake and I chatted via PM about how much operating capital to hold over, txag and I PM'd a few times about those dratted Black Herefords, jcissell was kind enough to thank me for a tip I left on the boards.

These are just the examples I can immediately bring to mind. There are many more and I probably have insulted la4angus and dun for not mentioning our PM discussions – but they are big folks and can stand the heat. So are those who did not make my hit list.

In the end those who have carried on the way they did – have for the moment – stopped. I would suspect they will not continue – if only because most of them are quite aware how it has pissed off the rest of us. Then again, they have a point when they say we did not have to read what they wrote. I do not agree with that point but they have made it and I have to – at least for now accept it.

You folks that are prepping to pull the pin – well, I cannot stop you from lighting the burners and climbing out on a profile take off – but I would ask that you at least consider for the moment – before you make the intercept and call Fox 1 or 2 - that in doing so you also take a portion of this place with you.

You are what you are today because of your experiences – be they good or bad. You also leave your mark upon those of us who may remain behind because whether or not we have agreed with you – you have given your opinion – and your knowledge. Some of which I have discarded and some of which I have absorbed.

I have decided that there are those who will be friends for a reason and there are those who will be friends for a season.

Friends for the season - for us was last winter when we were in serious trouble and the tips and cost cutting measure ideas we received were incredibly valuable.

Friends for the reason - One never knows, but those tend to stick around for a longer period of time.

You gotta' pick your battles - this is one battle I figure is over before it really got started - hope I am correct.

In closing – you who will go will go – I would simply ask that you might consider lurking to see if things do change. I have a strong suspicion they will.

My very best,

Bruce "Bez" Beswick

ollie":2zeksfxx said:
cowgal":2zeksfxx said:
What are you saying that you have seen that was so cruel and mean you wouldn't want a kid to watch?
How about this, ollie...as i see it i will post an 'ah-hem!' and pm you about it. I think that will be easier than going through all the posts to cite examples of which there are many thay belittle bully and sometimes slander. Gee! Gotta love this legalistic society!

Sidenote from me, aside from the meladrama....I just want to say how much I respect the maturity of some of the views expressed on this topic. I think 'spring fever' is short lived and works its way loose a lot more quickly than a daily spirit of 'ganging up' on thoses that are too inexperienced, too dense, or too annoying for some of you to tolerate.

Lastly...it humors me how much everyone chimes in for a 'fight' and then points a finger when the teacher is coming. For those of you who tolerate me-i thank you and will do my best to grow up to be a good girl!

cowgal":6wskg6tu said:
ollie":6wskg6tu said:
cowgal":6wskg6tu said:
How about this, ollie...as i see it i will post an 'ah-hem!' and pm you about it. I think that will be easier than going through all the posts to cite examples of which there are many thay belittle bully and sometimes slander. Gee! Gotta love this legalistic society!

Sidenote from me, aside from the meladrama....I just want to say how much I respect the maturity of some of the views expressed on this topic. I think 'spring fever' is short lived and works its way loose a lot more quickly than a daily spirit of 'ganging up' on thoses that are too inexperienced, too dense, or too annoying for some of you to tolerate.

Lastly...it humors me how much everyone chimes in for a 'fight' and then points a finger when the teacher is coming. For those of you who tolerate me-i thank you and will do my best to grow up to be a good girl!
I just wanted you to clarify that it wasn't Certherfbeef. You posted the statement after she said she was leaving the boards and I was giving you the opportunity to say it wasn't her that was cruel. I assume your talking about someone other that Certherfbeef. I don't think you would take a shot at a friend of mine on their way out. Am I correct?

To me, things around here have gotten out of whack for two reasons.

First, it got old, and I mean old, when the likes of GP et al were allowed to go on and on and on with their idiocy. I came real close to loosing all interest in this place back during GP's last fling. He rarely discussed cattle and ranching. When he did participate on a cattle oriented thread he would invariable say something stupid and irritating. 90% of his posts had nothing to do with cattle and were obviously intended to agitate the convictions of most cattle people. We all have our differences but most of us take offense at anything that is sacrilegious, unpatriotic, or blatantly indecent – especially when the obvious motive is to agitate. Glad he is gone because I would have been long gone if he would have lasted much longer. Life is too short to put up with GP or his type.

Second, the boards become less and less enjoyable the more discussions stray from ranching. Political debates can be fun and hopefully enlightening – as long as they don't turn into personal insult contests. Jokes (even including slightly off-color now and then) are fine, as are dumb questions about somebody's first heifer. But when they become the norm and we have to wade through 20 of those posts to find a real ranching topic it gets to where it's barely worth it. I would rather have quality than quantity. Again, life is too short.

The answer to the first problem is simple: Banishment. Period. Zero tolerance. It's either that or this place will go to the dogs and only the dogs will come here.

The answer to the second problem is tougher. Something needs to be done but I'm not sure what. To me, the most valuable participants here are the ones who discuss ranching primarily, everything else secondarily.

For whatever that was worth.

Craig-TX

I find it interesting that all of you are upset about all the different post under the Sex Fairy topic, but, none of you seem to be upset with the original poster of the topic. la4angus. Could some of you be hypocrites?
Just jumping on some of the new people that posted under the topic?

If someone post a topic like sex fairy, what kind of responses do you think that you are going to get? This is the good ole USA, if you don't like the topic, then don't read it. Plain, simple and to the point.

ollie":25v3tbri said:
cowgal":25v3tbri said:
ollie":25v3tbri said:
cowgal":25v3tbri said:

I just wanted you to clarify that it wasn't Certherfbeef. You posted the statement after she said she was leaving the boards and I was giving you the opportunity to say it wasn't her that was cruel. I assume your talking about someone other that Certherfbeef. I don't think you would take a shot at a friend of mine on their way out. Am I correct?

Easy hoss! I figure anyone with a lick of sense knows cert herf isn't a bully like some others (a-hem!) Cert, if you are still here and happen to read this...I think you are first class! Sorry if you are still leaving, but you are a grown up and will be welcome back by all i am certain.

Ollie, it might be easier if you just say what you mean.

now, if you wanna arm-wrestle and get it over with...defend her honor still...bring it on!

cowgal wrote
Lastly...it humors me how much everyone chimes in for a 'fight' and then points a finger when the teacher is coming
Did someone call for me(coach4cows)? You must mean the principal.

ollie, I dont think that you want to tangle with cowgal. If you do, I'm sure your "friends" will have your back. Yall are good at ganging up on people.

cul8r wrote
I find it interesting that all of you are upset about all the different post under the Sex Fairy topic, but, none of you seem to be upset with the original poster of the topic. la4angus. Could some of you be hypocrites?
What a great question. Why is that?

ER and cul8r

that may be cause the first post by la4angus was purdy tame and inocent to, compared to many of the others later on about all that kama sutra stuff

cul8r":10lcsrid said:
If someone post a topic like sex fairy, what kind of responses do you think that you are going to get?

Think about it people.

The whole uproar is the fact that this is suppose to be a cattleboard.
Make up your minds. If the original topic was never posted, then the responses to it would not have been posted.

Would anyone really miss the coffee shop if it was taken away?

Personally, I check the beginners board first, then the health/nutrition, then the tractors and then the feedyard when I get a chance. Not sure I would miss the political or the funnies if they were gone. Or the horsey board. But thats just me. And after reading LA's post and a couple of the other ones in the sex fairy post, I abandoned it pretty quick. Never got past the first page.

Caustic Burno":3mrf0ltc said:
Macon Please lock this thread point has been made and now is degrading .

What is degrading?

Everything that has been posted is the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts