Clean Up

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
I think Macon needs to clean up the coffee shop especially threads like the Sex Fairy. This is the Cattle board not the sex boards I am sure you perverts can find a sex board.
Makes you want to log off and go outside and throw up.

Agreed!!!! i stuck with reading the thread for about the first 4 pages and then it got to be a bit much.....got the hubby hooked on this site and he was not very impressed with what he was reading along that thread!!!! he pretty much said the same thing you did!!!! there are chat rooms out there for that sort of "misbehavior"!! :x :x :x

i agree, too, Caustic. i'm far from a prude, but i think there are certain places where that sort of talk is inappropriate and the CattleToday board is one of those places. this is a public forum where anyone from kids to the pope can check in. is this the kind of image we want to project?

i think it was ollie who suggested it be taken somewhere else & he was told not to read them if he didn't like it. well, that pretty much means you have to avoid the whole Coffee Shop lately. :(

as one of the ppl who posted on the fairy one, i have to say that the whole thing wasn't sick or wrong. some of the things got a little out of hand but it was all in fun. and yes I suggested to ollie not to read it if he didn't like it because he accused me of being the dirtiest one. however, i wasn't. yes, i wrote a few things that weren't the cleanest, but it wasn't that bad. and my suggestion was put to ollie in my popcorn solved post. i actually had to laugh when ollie said that stuff to me cuz i'd just finished his open heart surgery one and then he said i wasn't posting anything related to cattle. i had already admitted that concerning the popcorn post.

i'm sorry some of you were offended. it was all in good fun and jest. i'm sure when la4angus started that post he didn't know what he was getting into, but if you'll also notice, nobody is posting on it anymore. its old and done with.

Personally Cow girl I agree with Caustic and think you are one of the ring leaders. This was a good clean cattle board with clean jokes you didn't mind your kids or grandkids seeing.

You didn't make any points in my book with your shots at Ollie one of the best on the board. He also post on cattle topics not only in the smut shop.

Nuff Said.

I have to agree. I rarely even read the Coffee Shop Boards for that reason, and because of all the jokes that are pretty much the stuff that comes in my e-mail almost every day.

I come to the Boards for "cattle stuff".. the other isn't of any interest to me anyway. IMO.. of course

If some of those type threads had been on the boards when I joined, I probably wouldn't have joined. I personally have NOT read the thread in question at all, as the name itself suggested to me that this was not the type of subject that I should be allotting any time to. God's great gift of romance to his highest creation should remain in the privacy of their own homes and minds, with their own SPOUSES. It should not be an item for the creation of jokes.

How many of you would have confidence in me if you were in my congregation when I approached the pulpit, if I had been perusing off-color jokes or telling them? Just because it is under an assumed name on the internet does not change the fact that there is an all-seeing eye watching every one of us.

I feel the same as most of the folks on this topic. I have a 12 year old son that has started raising his own cattle. He reads everthing he can about them. He is trying to figure out how to get the most out of his calves without putting a lot of money in them. He's a titewad ( chip off the old block ) Anyway I won't let him on these boards due to some of the things on here. He's missing out on a wealth of knowledge.

answered my own question:

What are Sticky topics?
Sticky topics appear below any announcements in viewforum and only on the first page. They are often quite important so you should read them where possible. As with announcements the board administrator determines what permissions are required to post sticky topics in each forum.

Bama":2buh8dsq said:
I feel the same as most of the folks on this topic. I have a 12 year old son that has started raising his own cattle. He reads everthing he can about them. He is trying to figure out how to get the most out of his calves without putting a lot of money in them. He's a titewad ( chip off the old block ) Anyway I won't let him on these boards due to some of the things on here. He's missing out on a wealth of knowledge.

My oldest is eleven, and I agree.

I, personally don't mind stuff that's a little 'naughty' or 'suggestive'. The kind of 'wink-wink,nudge-nudge' type of humor as long as its in good taste. I think there have been a few jokes on this board lately that have been outside of the range of 'good taste'. JMHO.

So let it be written...so let it be done! It still amazes me the variety we have on the board! Sometimes within the same poster! :shock: I am going to excuse myself on account of 'spring fever' but do respect you others and your lil uns!

I have to say that I'm not a fan of these boards right now either. I used to check in at lunch time and in the evening everyday. Granted, things are busy on the home front right now and the computer is not on the "to do" list...but the company here is not what it used to be and there is not much here that I enjoy reading anymore. I tend to use the 'mark all topics read' feature more often that not. Only reason I check in once a week now is because of the private messages.
YA YA, I know. If I don't like it, it won't take as much of it to do me.

I'm fed up and I'm gone. :(

Thanks Macon. It's been fun.
There are several folks here that I feel I can call friend. I look forward to future meetings and conversation with them. There are ALOT of good people here. I hope the newbies can continue to sort thru the garbage and get some use out of these boards the way Macon intended.

Good Bye all. See some of you later. :cboy:

WOW! That is somethin! I sure hate to see you go and enjoyed reading your posts. I do think that it is interesting, however, the way perversion is more intolerable than cruelty and meaness. Lots of things that i would not want my kid sister to see aside from any hanky panky talk. It is easy to forget that there's kids about...we've been reminded...we (at least I) respect that~let's move on...really!

Certherfbeef leaving? That's not good. I remember the time I was into it with Frankie and you called me down. Now who's going to do that??? Nice to know you. Nice doing business with you.. You've got my email address...I understand but I hate to see those who contribute cattle knowledge leave. You sure you won't reconsider??? Funny, now you and Frankie are both friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts