Christmas

Help Support CattleToday:

Earl Thigpen

Reaction score
Whoa!! It's Christmas time again and I don't have a clue what to get Wifey. She already has a new shoe shine kit and polisher/waxer kit (as they say in the song). Besides, she said she wanted something personal this year.

What are you folks getting your significant others?

Earl Thigpen":dzlllwdx said:
Whoa!! It's Christmas time again and I don't have a clue what to get Wifey. She already has a new shoe shine kit and polisher/waxer kit (as they say in the song). Besides, she said she wanted something personal this year.

How about a nice shiny shovel or pitchfork?

dun

I would not recommend shotgun shells.... I tried that a few years back, thinking that it would provide some quality time spent "together"... You know... Just her and me...
Well she took out all twenty-five shells from that box thinking that surely there was going to be some kind of small jewerly stuffed in one of them...

Earl Thigpen":26brn6ex said:

You can't go wrong with anything green and yellow, if you know what I mean.

Dub

Just Curious":3klp9ht4 said:
I would not recommend shotgun shells.... I tried that a few years back, thinking that it would provide some quality time spent "together"... You know... Just her and me...
Well she took out all twenty-five shells from that box thinking that surely there was going to be some kind of small jewerly stuffed in one of them...

Shotgun shells are out of the question!!! She's already shot me once and I don't think I'm going to give her another chance.

OK, I'll give you the sorted details. Do you know a feller by the name of Dick Chaney? Do you know his history of handling shotguns? 'Nuff said!

Earl Thigpen":34x4idhu said:
Just Curious":34x4idhu said:

Shotgun shells are out of the question!!! She's already shot me once and I don't think I'm going to give her another chance.

OK, I'll give you the sorted details. Do you know a feller by the name of Dick Chaney? Do you know his history of handling shotguns? 'Nuff said!

:shock: That's not good. And, I'd bet if you gave her the shells she'd immediately burst into tears thinking you were giving her the business, and right there at Christmas. No, I can understand that shotgun shells wouldn't be the gift "everyone appreciates."

Alice

Susie and I have agreed to get each other a nice pair of replacement heifers...
Yeah right...didn't get this old by being that dumb...it there isn't sonething sparkley in her stocking, the whole world will hear about it for months...and I 'm not talking new electric mixer. DMc

Earl, I found just the thing for you to give your wife:

PIC00004.JPG

Gale Seddon":9jy57wwa said:

PIC00004.JPG

Dear Lord, Gale...that about put my eyes out! :lol2:

Alice

Alice, I've been waiting for just the right occasion to put that photo up...and this was it!!!

Saw this at the Field Days of the Past over the summer, tractor pulls every night til way late. Three nights of noise, smoke, and smell! Glad I got to "commute"...Robert had to listen to it for three nights.

dun":3m4jeynw said:
Earl Thigpen":3m4jeynw said:

How about a nice shiny shovel or pitchfork?

dun

I think I would reconsider giving either of those gifts - in the wrong hands they can both cause serious personal damage! ;-) :lol: :lol:

Earl Thigpen":3grbcybp said:
Just Curious":3grbcybp said:

Earl, I asked my wife if she would like a Charter Arms .44 bulldog for Christmas. She said "yes" and seemed very pleased with the idea.

After reading your post maybe I better rethink this whole thing. :roll:

Gale Seddon":37a1g6gs said:

PIC00004.JPG

Thanks, Gale. I appreciate the thought but I think I'll pass on this one. I am going to show this to my local JD dealer, though. I think he might have an "A" or two laying around but in a little different shade of green.

She's a bute' though, eh (as our Canadian friends would say)

Latest posts