Chocolate Sheet Cake* That's It HD!

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
I am looking for a recipe of chocolate sheet cake.
Now before you tell me to Google it I already did. Got hits then I knew what to do with them.
I think I got through 150 of them, not the one I'm looking for. :(

Well my Mom used to make this cake when I was younger. She lost the recipe. :(
All that she can remember about it is she used sour milk, not buttermilk; and melted chocolate.
The cake was like a huge brownie. I always thought it was brownies until she told me differently.

Does anybody have a recipe like this???? :help: :help:

Got a nice snow storm going now and I finally got a chance to make the sheet cake recipes. HD that is the closest one I have found. Thank you very much. The frosting was not the same, but it was the correct icing in the recipe tx sent me.
Boy does it bring back memories. :D
I expect it to disappear quickly. I passed the recipe on to my Mom so she had it again.

thank you to everyone who sent recipes and suggestions. :tiphat:

Any chance it's like a coca-cola cake? It's a 9 by 13 cake with a very rich frosting over it. Very chocolatey and dense.

Try this one ILh http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/recipe?id=7647037

It uses sour milk and looks like brownies when done.

Ingredients
1/2 pound butter
1 cup sour milk (fresh milk plus 1 teaspoon white vinegar)
6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
For the icing:
1/4 pound butter
6 tablespoons milk
6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
1 pound confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Cooking Directions
Preheat oven to 375 F.

Prepare an 11x18-inch jelly roll pan with Baker's Joy (or grease and flour the pan).

Bring butter, sour milk, cocoa and cinnamon to just under a boil in a small saucepan. In a small bowl, beat the eggs with water, vanilla, baking soda. In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar and salt. Add butter/sour milk hot mixture and the beaten egg mixture to flour mixture in large bowl, mixing gently. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 20 minutes or until the cake tests done. Let cake cool for 5 minutes and then ice.

Meanwhile, make the icing: bring the butter, cocoa and milk to just under a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and add vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk together the Confectioners' Sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add butter mixture and blend thoroughly. Spread icing on the hot cake five minutes after it comes out of the oven.

txag the one you pm'd me I read it to my Mom and she thinks that might be it.

farmwriter it is not coca-cola cake.

HD I will have to give that one a try.

Latest posts