Chinangus bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

Cress27

Reaction score
Anyone ever had any good or bad experiences breeding these bulls to first time heifers. I'm think of trying them or gelbvieh.

I can't remember which member on here did had some lbw balancer bulls. One bred his bull to a Dexter cow and she had the calf no problems.

I bought a high percentage chi bull a few years ago. Maybe 4 or 5. He passed his BSE, but when show time come, he couldn't perform. I wish I had gotten a calf crop out of him.

ALACOWMAN said:
They ain't his, so he can recommend him... :cowboy:

I bet as sharp as some those sale barn buyers are even they wouldn't know they were buying SAV America sired calves. Most of them wouldn't care either.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
************* said:
Muddy said:

[image]315[/image]
[image]333[/image]
[image]318[/image]
[image]334[/image]

Weren't you told specifically not to use America on heifers?

When have I really listened? My old vet got out of the large animal biz, but I have a new gal that is top notch, she said she would be here ASAP if a problem arises. Green light for me.

************* said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
************* said:
[image]315[/image]
[image]333[/image]
[image]318[/image]
[image]334[/image]

Weren't you told specifically not to use America on heifers?

When have I really listened? My old vet got out of the large animal biz, but I have a new gal that is top notch, she said she would be here ASAP if a problem arises. Green light for me.

I'm just smiling right now. You'll probably pull it off.

Red Bull Breeder said:
ALACOWMAN said:

I bet as sharp as some those sale barn buyers are even they wouldn't know they were buying SAV America sired calves. Most of them wouldn't care either.

Especially if that barn is located in Dinkville USA.

************* said:
Red Bull Breeder said:
ALACOWMAN said:

I see some to the same folks buying around here that i see in OKC. Those commission company buyers get around.

************* said:
Red Bull Breeder said:
ALACOWMAN said:

I just left there today. Inside joke.

Cress27 said:
Anyone ever had any good or bad experiences breeding these bulls to first time heifers. I'm think of trying them or gelbvieh.

If you want to do something crazy breed them to HB Moto Moto 3342. At least he is guaranteed low birth weight

Now Butch i sure ain't guilty of that. OP asked about Chiangus. I have seen some pretty good looking chiangus bulls. EPD'S said they were lbw. I wouldn't know if they were or not. Now if i was him and already has Sim cross cows i would be hunting a purebred sim bull/

Latest posts