Chicken litter in middle TN

Help Support CattleToday:

tnwalkingred

Reaction score
Anyone have a contact for someone who will deliver and spread chicken litter in middle TN? If so please let me know. Thanks.

Kyle

Thanks Shaz! I have another contact I've found that I'm going to call as well.

For those that have used litter before can you give me some tips. I'm thinking about putting 2-3 tons per acre. How long will that last? Will I need to do it again next year?

Kyle

tnwalkingred":23g6eozu said:

For those that have used litter before can you give me some tips. I'm thinking about putting 2-3 tons per acre. How long will that last? Will I need to do it again next year?

Kyle
We do 2 tons every year.

tnwalkingred":1u3zt9ay said:

Kyle

You'll see most of the effect in the Spring. The N release is slow.
Watch your phosphate though. You'll get build up.

shaz":ekbw5zpa said:
tnwalkingred":ekbw5zpa said:

Kyle

You'll see most of the effect in the Spring. The N release is slow.
Watch your phosphate though. You'll get build up.

I was always told to watch the phosphates but have not seen that big of a change. I wonder if different soil types have an effect on that? I usually test at least every two years and have been doing 2 tons per year for several years now. I add some potash as our is really low and come back with some nitrogen in the spring, probably spend too much but trying to build the ground up.

Latest posts