Chicken Coop

Help Support CattleToday:

DSC00001.jpg
[/img]

These are my 3 chickens right now that I raised from last spring, I had 15, but after hawks and bad storms and selling a few Im down to these two Rode Island Red Hens and a Columbian Wyandotte Rooster. They will be replaced as of March the 14th, well the rooster anyway.

Looks good. I like eating fresh eggs. My chickens roam free. Have to find their hiding places. ;-)

Scotty

Thanks Scotty, I would let my chickens roam freely , and they have before, but those dang hawks are really bad here in the mountains. I lost three chickens in all to a hawk. And you know, my neighbors have quineas and not a one of them has ever got taken off. Im reall proud of chicken coop, the house is 6x8 feet and the coop is 10x8.

Great coop, CopeMan! Sure could do with a few pics of the back side and inside. I need to build a couple myself, and really like your design.....

VERY nice, Copeman....they should be plenty safe in there....I'd like to see the inside too...chickens are great to have...guineas are good too, noisy, but love to eat ticks; haven't had a tick problem here since we got them. But they're not so great at reproducing...if they manage to hatch out here (raccoons raid the nests), half of the babies die in wet grass, etc., and parents just keep on walking and never protect the babies...not at all like our bantam mamas, who'll tear your face off if you look cross-eyed at her chicks!

jerry27150":34mbhp4g said:
makes me wonder how those guineas survive in the wild , cause i have the same problems with them

Guineas are dumb to, my neighbors have lost some of theres due them dumb things walking in the road. The only thing I dont like about them is that there range is so big.

Years ago I had a friend that could come up with an acronym for just about anything. He built a chicken pen similar to yours but it was movable. He called it MECCA. Modular Enclosed Chichen Confinment Area. When I saw your set up, that was the first thought that past through my mind.

dun

Thank you all for your compliments on my chicken coop, my design is real simple. It is made from sheets of Privacy Fence from Lowes..I think it took 3 or 4 sheets And is framed with landscape timbers It has a door of course and a smaller door to get iside the coop...I built this because the last coop I had did not have any way to get into the coop and was a hassle trying to catch chickens. But hopefully after March the 14 I will have many more chickens and I will post them also

ga. prime":1o88ui1i said:
How is your hen house ventilated?

well its pretty open between the cracks of the wood, and on the other side I have left it open upt top it is just covered by wire

Latest posts