Chemical License in Tx

Help Support CattleToday:

icandoit

Reaction score
Do any Texans out there know what the website, telephone #is , or any info. on how to go about getting a license in Tx?

TIA
Dick

Contact your county Extension agent. He should offer a training a couple of times a year that you have to go though, then you are eligible to take the test that the Texas Department of Agriculture gives. Sometimes the agents will do the training in the morning and then have the TDA inspector come and give the test that afternoon.

There is also a study book that you can get from the Extension office that goes along with the training.

My husband has a liscence - you have to get CEU credits to keep up your liscense also. These are usually given out at events sponsored throught the extension service. I really enjoy going to these classes too, althought I don't need the credits, I've learded so much at them and met a lot of really interesting people.

i got mine earlier this year...i bought a study book for 20 dollars, which was somewhat helpful, but come test time, we went to the court house, and our county agent showed us a slide show, and along with it was a "practice" sheet that went along with the slides, we asked questions and he talked about each segment of the slides as we went through it, after several hours of going over the information and the slides we took the test, a man with the state actually gave out the test and graded it, and ya found out right then if ya passed or not. if ya pass ya send the state some money, and they send ya a yellow license. it is fairly easy, mostly common sense.....but the calibration was the most confusing part to me. me and one other lady was the only females there, the rest were older men. and ya have several years, 5 i think to get more ceu credits and i think ya have to have 15 in order to keep your license, and the county ext. office schedules them, i will be taking some in oct. the way he told me it is really just being there and listening and learning....and of course getting the credits...not for sure of the costs of these though..

samm

Thanks for the info. my friends. I will be checking with my extension agent next week on gettin the license.

Dick

Latest posts