Checkoff

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
From Drovers alert:

Support for beef checkoff hits 10-year high
Producer support for the $1-per-head beef-checkoff program is at a 10-year high, with 73 percent of beef producers voicing approval of the program in a January 2005 survey. That's up from 70 percent in July 2004. The survey also revealed that only 18 percent of cattlemen disapprove of the checkoff, while 9 percent are undecided or neutral. On other fronts, the data showed that producer optimism is at 78 percent, down slightly from July 2004 when 82 percent of respondents reported feeling optimistic about the direction of their industry. Results also indicate that 73 percent of producers consider themselves informed about the checkoff, up 5 percent from July 2004. For more details, go to http://www.drovers.com

dun

I'm just guesseing here but I would guesse that it is because of BSE, price hikes and demand for the product.

Scotty

i would guess for the same reason i now support it. cattle prices have been higher longer than they ever have. people are dumber than ever & if a movie star tells them to eat beef they sure will.

Latest posts