Cheap stuff

Help Support CattleToday:

BFE

Reaction score
909C8858-3376-4B14-84CE-F7FFB4B2B50A.jpeg
I've started using concrete wash or debris as it's called for a cheap base. Last I bought was $7 a ton delivered. Also use a lot of electric poles which can be found for free. You can see how good it works in the picture.

What's some other bargain items that you all use?

As I've mentioned before, my wife is city born and bred, and even after 34 years of being married to me and living in the country she still hasn't lost all of that. A few years ago the power company was replacing a pole on our place. I wasn't home, so they asked her if they should leave the old pole. She thought they were just trying to get us to take care of their garbage and said no. They said "Are you sure? Maybe you would like to ask your husband?"

She did that. Thank you, and yes, I would like to have it.

I use leftover hay that has been slept on and crapped in for potting soil. Just scrape it and pile it up. Use it after it breaks down and turns black. Basically just compost.

I use leftover hay that has been slept on and crapped in for potting soil. Just scrape it and pile it up. Use it after it breaks down and turns black. Basically just compost.
UNLESS there is Johnson grass in it-learned that lesson!!!

ED509075-D595-4C0F-83F3-125F34621AFF.jpeg
10 foot bunk. Probably 30-40 dollars out of pocket. I'm debating on setting it up on short pieces of pole to keep off the ground.

Latest posts