Cheap cows should I buy?

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus86

Reaction score
Someone in my area is selling three cows. Look like cracker cattle for under 500 for the 3. They look fine in the pics not skin and bones. I was gonna call him tomorrow and see why they are so cheap. I can't help but think something is seriously wrong with them. What do you all think of the price isn't it to good to be true if they aren't elderly or fence jumpers?

They could be Corriente I don't know. I just wanted to breed them and if I didn't like them sell them quick. I have a reg angus bull I was going to expose them to right away. Here is a pic to give you an idea of what they look like. At 150.00 each I'm not sure I can go wrong.

[image]188[/image]

Looks like some of the old piney woods cows that used to roam free here in the 50s, 60s ands early 70s before we ended free range.

Angus86 said:
They could be Corriente I don't know. I just wanted to breed them and if I didn't like them sell them quick. I have a reg angus bull I was going to expose them to right away. Here is a pic to give you an idea of what they look like. At 150.00 each I'm not sure I can go wrong.

[image]188[/image]

If you have the acreage to spare to just turn them out and forget about them you can't go wrong. If you are going to have to feed em it's different

450 isn't much to lose in the cow business, if they head for the next county when you turn them out, consider it a cheap lesson.

I guess if you sell the cows and the calves you get from them... otherwise you'll spend the rest of your life breeding the hideous out of those creatures.

What do their horns look like when they are calves? Maybe make good ropers? They bring a premium around here.
Either way they they should make decent money bred to Angus.

i wish i had about 100 of them i would turn them out on some clearcut timber land let them eat poplar and maple stump shoots and honey suckle all summer