Charlais prises

Help Support CattleToday:

johndeere535

Reaction score
I was looking at a heard of young cows, half with young calves on the ground and the other half close to calving. The breeder is asking $1200 a peice. Is this a good prise? some have papers and others dont. Also do you know if charlais vs angus calves bring much difference in price per lb at the stockyard?

I think the price they are asking is very fair, especially the ones with calves already on the ground. Charolais bring pretty good prices up here but not as good if they are to white. We cross our red Salers cows on a Charolais bull and get a really nice dark gold colored calf. They always average around 700lbs in the fall and are born Feb-April.

johndeere535":3mo8ll1o said:
I was looking at a heard of young cows, half with young calves on the ground and the other half close to calving. The breeder is asking $1200 a peice. Is this a good prise? some have papers and others dont. Also do you know if charlais vs angus calves bring much difference in price per lb at the stockyard?

Can't answer about the price as I've not seen the cows. I don't know about your area, either, but up here charlois X angus calves do well.

Latest posts