Cfpinz here is your chance

Help Support CattleToday:

SmokinM

Reaction score
I have been scouring craigslist looking for a gas f250 for a farm truck and I bet I have found at least 50 7.3l 6spd. trucks! Don't know where they all were when I needed one a few years back and it toook me a month to find one! These are mostly nice looking low miles trucks too. Found one with 40k miles on it they were pretty proud of but most are very reasonably priced. I guess when you consider that low miles it probably wasn't that bad.

I am not smart enough to post links but they are out there right now if you want to get out of that clutch eating rattle box. Just check out the VA and NC Craigslist. Have considered picking another up but can't afford the truck and a divorce so momma says I gotta stick with the 2 I have.

Just a PSA for the opportunity to own the best trucks they ever made.

Thanks!

I've still got 2 of the 7.3 Powerstrokes around, love the trucks but they're not eat up with power by any means. I've been looking for a nice 92-94 F350 to put a 5.9 Cummins in, would love to find one with a blown up motor.

Glad you still have a few hanging around. They were so hard to find for so long I feel like I should buy every one I see. I haven't really thought they are underpowered, always looked at it as they will pull it as fast as you should for the weight I am hauling. Don't mind pulling 20,000# behind one but don't try to run 70mph doing it.

My wife had a Dodge dually when we met,94 model I think. Trans went bad and the guy who bought it just wanted the motor to put in a mid 80s f250. I always thought an 03-04 re powered with a Cummins would be the ultimate truck. You get the better axles, 4 wheel disc brakes, and I like the cab better on them than the mid 90s models. More leg room and better seats. If you get that project done post some pics. I think you would have a great truck.

Latest posts