censorship

Help Support CattleToday:

What happened to Massey? He started this thread and now that we are talking about cutting things off he is nowhere to be seen.

Caustic Burno":25440tlr said:
OK I know us old people are easily confused.
Why? How? Does this issue end up on the breeds board.
I am so confused.

Ok CB let me clue u in, cause I l,ike you seem to be in the old age funk, but let me clue you in. This is about the "Young Knucklehead Breed". Traits are, running ones mouth alot, having a few nice cows that seem to be feed bucket cows by the look of em, talking bad about all breeds of cows that he currently doesnt own, lots of know how about show stock, and of course the infinite wisdom that using a straight Brahman bull on first calf heifers is the route to go, because he did it. Their are many other less desirable traits in this breed, but with my poor grammer and spelling I should stop.

Of course everyone should post their insights to this rare breed!

houstoncutter":1kca0j9h said:
Caustic Burno":1kca0j9h said:
I am so confused.

Ok CB let me clue u in, cause I l,ike you seem to be in the old age funk, but let me clue you in. This is about the "Young Knucklehead Breed". Traits are, running ones mouth alot, having a few nice cows that seem to be feed bucket cows by the look of em, talking bad about all breeds of cows that he currently doesnt own, lots of know how about show stock, and of course the infinite wisdom that using a straight Brahman bull on first calf heifers is the route to go, because he did it. Their are many other less desirable traits in this breed, but with my poor grammer and spelling I should stop.

Thank's so much for clearing this up for the geriatric crowd.
From your explanation this could have went under the Everything Else board
with the OWow Bird title.
The little OWow bird flies in circle's and when his head flies up his ass he give's his call.
OWow it's dark in here.

The little OWow bird flies in circle's and when his head flies up his ass he give's his call.
OWow it's dark in here.

:lol2: :cry2: :lol2: :cry2: :lol2:

CottageFarm":3otym9s4 said:
OWow it's dark in here.

:lol2: :cry2: :lol2: :cry2: :lol2:

The bird already has his head stuck up his azz. We are just stand around watching its crazy flight pattern and waiting for the crash. I have been waiting for someone to start up a pool to bet on when the crash occurs.

houstoncutter":3iprvrxs said:
Caustic Burno":3iprvrxs said:
I am so confused.

Here ill edit this for old ears - a little limp bizkit - "it ain't braggin,old man, if you back it up."

FYI - I only feed cows bout 100 days a year. During that time, I poor the cotton seed cubes to em. When you have cows that have the ABILITY to produce milk, I try to get all out of them I can. A good cow shouldn't gain weight while nursing.

Brahman bulls were not only a great choice for heifers for me, but also for many many dairymen. Get TB, to chime in on this one. And before he says "well they don't use them now" .. make note that hardly any dairies use walking bulls now (of any breed).

Look up breed avg bws. I find it odd that brangus, charbray, gelbray, simbrah, and Gert ALL have lower avg bws than their non brahman foundation breed. Wonder if their common denominator is responsible for that ??? Nah couldn't be :roll:

*the Brahma/holstein is a great momma cow.

Oh thank you so much Massey135 for setting this ol coot straight. To think ,that all the time I thought that the maternal side of the Brahman was responsible for the smaller calf weight. You need to set those folks at the American Brahman Association straight, cause you Massey135, have made this discovery...Shoot we need to have a press conference to get the word out!

If that aint enough..... you got cows that milk alot cause you keep a feed bucket in front of em....Goodness..How many extra pounds you think those calfs weigh because of this extra feed?...Poor dummies like me and the folks at Texas A&M figure it makes more sense to feed the calf if your going to feed an animal, but you Massey 135...know best....So please Massey 135...... share some more of your sage advice.....Please..oh pretty please...us simple minded feeble old guys wants to know.

You could put your hard up limos on a feedlot ration and they still wouldn't milk enough for a kitten.

Even my cows won't milk much on stockpiled coastal. Absolutely worth it to increase that protein % on grass like I have to work with in winter months.

Red Bull Breeder":2llbpusq said:
Massey don't have any thing meaningful to say, he just says alot. Enjoy the popcorn.

Yes, Massey135 does seem to have a case of the scours when he speaks. He has been a member of this board since Sept of last year and has racked up 678 posts in that time. I have been a member since 2004 and have 1268....Hmmm seems to be a pattern here!

Massey I dont have hardly any cows left, just a few bulls and a couple of cows for meat for the freezer. The cows I have left are some Red Brangus x Gelpvieh crosses and they are quite old , in their 20's now, but they do milk. Their rations are what they eat which is bahai and some clover. They dont know what a feed bucket is for. I have used Limi bulls for many years because they suited my business plan. Which was to grow as many calfs to 400 pounds as cheaply as I could using F1 Brahman crosses as a base... and yes those ladies milked enough. I tried other types of bulls over the years, Simms when I tried many years ago spotted their calves, I know the Sim people have been working on that problem. The Chars just had too big of a calf. The Angus not enough growth... I liked the Gelpviehs a lot but they didnt clean up the leather on those F1 crosses. So I always came back to Limis.

I had fullblood Limmis back in the 80's when we were doing a little of the club calf market. At that time we were weaning off 600lb steers, so I guess they must have had some milk. I guess my question to you would be , why are you calving during the winter if your cows dont have oat pastures or rye to consume? I have many friends in North Texas and Oklahoma that winter their cows on stockpiled coastal and minerals....Silly me... I forgot ,you have feed bucket cows, you know the kind that you have in that pic of yours about replacement heifers.. They are all in a group at the fence looking at you ready for that feed bucket. So guess the question the final question is, do your cows really milk or is just your wallet?

Red Bull Breeder":uu75w7gl said:
Massey don't have any thing meaningful to say, he just says alot. Enjoy the popcorn.

Ain't that the truth!

I am still waiting for the answer that he promised.

Massey135":uu75w7gl said:
Chippie, hold your britches. Id like to answer when I'm not having to peck on my phone.

popc1lp4.gif

Latest posts