Caustic

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Campground Cattle

Reaction score
It's true. CB=Camp=me, RL. Believe it or not I'd really like to thank George for helping me get it out. Most of what he told yall is just the way it is. This all started as a big joke a long time ago when there wasn't near as many posters as there is now. Maybe 500 or 600, I don't remember. Most all of the old hands figured it out, but things chnaged over the years and a lot of them are gone. A lot of new posters came on and CB sort of got a life of his own.

Like George said, CB is based on an old friend of mine that I'll call Edgar. My mentor. Edgar has taught me more about cows than anybody ever has a right to learn. But he's a rough sob to learn from. If I had a nickle for every time he called me a "hobby boy" or cussed me, I could buy the King Ranch. Edgar doesn't even know how to turn a computer on, but he's reached a lot of people on the internet. He's reached them in the name of Caustic Burno though. I never intended for things to go this far. Seems like they just really got out of hand. Somebody mentioned Camp not posting much- darn right. It was all I could do to keep up with CB without going crazy. Ever since his wife died, Edgar has been coming over when I'm at home and I'll read him some posts and he'll say, tell em...whatever. He gets a kick out of it too. If there's something posted that I don't know the answer to, I'll go ask him and then post it. Even though the posts are mine, the stuff mostly comes from Edgar one way or another.

I really get a kick out of a lot of this stuff too. I've been lucky enough to get a lot of help, so I like helping people in return. I tell people just like Edgar tells me though...rough and to the point. And that's what I'll keep on doing too. CB isn't going to die. He's going to keep right on like he's been doing because he likes helping people learn about the cattle business. If you don't like it, don't read it. If you don't like me, don't read it. But if CB tells you something you can bet that's the way it is.

I could have gone on forever doing this because I felt like I was just telling people just what Edgar would have told them. As long as I could avoid the direct question of whether or not CB and Camp were the same, I was doing okay. I wasn't about to lie though. All I could do was hope to evade the question. But there was something starting to happen that I just couldn't stomach any more...

A lot of people were taking up for CB. They were accusing George of making things up. They were putting their reputations on the line for CB. For me. I can't let that go on. I can't let my friends do that. That's why I'm posting this.

I'm ready to take my reaming now because I know I've got it coming. There's one thing you can say about me- I can take it just as good as I dish it out. But don't expect anything to change. CB will still keep helping people when he can and he'll still keep calling everything just like he sees it.

I'm not going to answer any questions about this so don't even ask any. I might reply to some of your posts on this thread and again I might not. Yall fire aways though. I'll read for a little while and then I'm going to pick up Edgar. We're going to the woods to run some hogs. We might even try to run some over on some of the hobby boys to give them some schooling. While I'm with him I'm going to pick his brain and learn something else about cows. Guaranteed. Just like I've been learning from him every time I'm around him for over 30 years. And I'll probably share it with some of you when you need it. It might be my words, but it's mostly Edgars knowledge.

Thanks again to George for giving me a chance to get it out and to the friends that took up for me. To all of those that I gave my phone number and name to, if you need me call me. There's nothing changed about that. I'm always here for any of you. Now all of you city boys and hobby boys eat your hearts out. Me and Edgar are fixing to go turn the hounds loose.

RL

Let me be the first to say
that is one of the finest posts ever.
Caustic will be missed RIP
MD

I hope you continue to enjoy him and he you as long as y'all can.

I hope I can continue to enjoy him as well.

I wish my Grandad was still here. He was a lot like Caustic. He died at 85 cutting a load of wood.

May dad is 71 and was way worse in the rough talk when he was well. I wish he didn't have alzheimers.

When I first joined this board there were two people that sent me a pm and gave me phone numbers and told me if I needed them " Just call and I'll come a runnin " Now these people didn't know me from Adam and never met me. One of them was CB,CG or whatever you want to call him. I have since met this man and the other face to face as well as others on this board. I know no matter what he has posted here or no matter what I say there are those of you who won't care for him and that's fine but I can tell you this, if ANY of you ever met this man you would realize what he is REALLY all about and respect him for what he is. As he would say, NUFF SAID.

Wewild":a4y3wghj said:
I hope you continue to enjoy him and he you as long as y'all can.

I hope I can continue to enjoy him as well.

I wish my Grandad was still here. He was a lot like Caustic. He died at 85 cutting a load of wood.

Oh I will he gets a bigger kick out of the board than I do.
He tears enough out of my butt weekly to bait a bear trap.

I haven't been on the board long but have read caustics post they reminded me of my neighbor when I moved here 37 years ago. I also am using his methods of doing things here as they may be a little rough they work most of the time. Thanks very interesting.

Campground Cattle":1uk001uc said:
But if CB tells you something you can bet that's the way it is.

Camp-

As someone who is trying to learn everything I possibly can, I really appreciate the "straight to the point", somewhat harsh answers/replys. With CB there was no gray, just black and white- maybe that is why I would spend hours searching through his old posts looking for something that could teach me a thing or two. I've learned a ton, and because of that I would truly like to thank you.

Camp, I'd rather read CB's posts than yours. ;-)

Walt

Pick Edgars brain real good and keep passing it on to us, Caustic style of course. :)

Thanks Edgar!

O-M-G You'se Guys!! I am furious! :mad: Why on earth would anyone out the Caustic Burno in a thread titled "Longhorn 3n1s"??
ive been skipping over that topic for DAYS b/c it looked so boring. LOL. I have learned a very important lesson here, and that is to never judge a thread by its title.

i saw Camps post on Caustic and then i had to go do a search for "George" to find out who George is and where the outing took place. Then i had to read that long as crap thread, it was like a good trashy romance novel you just cant put down. i have to admit, part of me is inspired to become a Cyber Warrior now.

oh well, i probably wouldnt have gotten into the thread anyway (since that was old news to me), but i would have liked to have viewed it in real time. thanks a lot guys (not even 1 PM or anything!)

Best, beefy

I had a favorite aunt that "told it like it is" just like CB/Edgar. Thanks Camp/CB/Edgar keep them comming.

Beefy":3cy38k1o said:
O-M-G You'se Guys!! I am furious! :mad: Why on earth would anyone out the Caustic Burno in a thread titled "Longhorn 3n1s"??
ive been skipping over that topic for DAYS b/c it looked so boring. LOL. I have learned a very important lesson here, and that is to never judge a thread by its title.

i saw Camps post on Caustic and then i had to go do a search for "George" to find out who George is and where the outing took place. Then i had to read that long as crap thread, it was like a good trashy romance novel you just cant put down. i have to admit, part of me is inspired to become a Cyber Warrior now.

oh well, i probably wouldnt have gotten into the thread anyway (since that was old news to me), but i would have liked to have viewed it in real time. thanks a lot guys (not even 1 PM or anything!)

Best, beefy

Pssst, Beefy.

The Cyber Warrior an Caustic are goin at it on the Longhorn 3n1 thread!! ;-) :p

warpaint":3085y9t1 said:
Beefy":3085y9t1 said:

Best, beefy

Pssst, Beefy.

I will continue to be Caustic's secretary, typist any time he wants to get on the board, I will continue to be his ranch hand and chauffeur to learn from him. The reason George is mad is I said he runs a crappy line of cattle which is still true. I took Caustic on a cattle buying trip with me from where George got his seedstock.
I got jury duty this morning but you can rest assured Caustic will be at the house this evening or tonight.

Well, I didn't know he had multiple personality disorder but I knew for a long time he was a hobby rancher. :lol:

Campground Cattle":1way6vd3 said:
warpaint":1way6vd3 said:
Beefy":1way6vd3 said:

Best, beefy

Pssst, Beefy.

I will continue to be Caustic's secretary, typist any time he wants to get on the board, I will continue to be his ranch hand and chauffeur to learn from him. The reason George is mad is I said he runs a crappy line of cattle which is still true. I took Caustic on a cattle buying trip with me from where George got his seedstock.
I got jury duty this morning but you can rest assured Caustic will be at the house this evening or tonight.

Camp, I am envious. My old mentors are dead. I should have paid more attention to them in my childhood.

I got a confession to make too.While everyone is all teared up and feeling the warm fuzzy sensations that seem to adhere to such events, I feel it's time for me to be truthful too.

My real name is Himey Goldstein and I live with my Mom and Dad, Gertrude and Herman in a high rise in Upper Manhattan, N.Y. I got a pony named "Stick" mom got me at Saks Fifth ave.My hero in cowboy movies is Billy Crystal.Dad bought me a set of breyer brand plastic cattle on Ebay, and I still have my fisher price farm set, from when I was 7. I feel better now.Gotta go. Mom says it Medication time.

Your Friend,

Kosher Kowboy

backhoeboogie":1i0ufrvg said:
Campground Cattle":1i0ufrvg said:
warpaint":1i0ufrvg said:
Beefy":1i0ufrvg said:

Best, beefy

Pssst, Beefy.

Camp, I am envious. My old mentors are dead. I should have paid more attention to them in my childhood.

The best part is I get to spend a lot of time with someone I love and respect. I would rather be his typist when he picks out a thread because I am fixing to learn something from that 82 year old Cattlemen. If I can learn just a tenth of his knowledge I am ahead of the curve. The only drawback is he can operate on less sleep than anyone I have ever seen. We can stay out all night chasing hogs and coyotes and still put in a full day.

Crowderfarms":3e7macr0 said:
I got a pony named "Stick" mom got me at Saks Fifth ave.

Shouldn;t there be a comma between "Stick" and mom?

I came in the other day and there was this cookie tin wired to the gate going to the cow pasture. Now I was half scared to open it as no telling what would be in there. Caustic had found a little black plastic bull somewhere,and it was in the tin with a note.
It read, here is you a good Brangus bull.

Status
Not open for further replies.