Caustic

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bigbull338":1n0spt6h said:
the bottomline is this cg or caustic or whoever.the advice was straight farward.good or bad.an alot of it was good advice.camps brain has tobe fryed from doing posting for him an caustic.heck he reminds me of great grandpa.who died long before i was born.he was rough an tough.an he did things his way.he said what he thinks.not caring if he is liked or not.

See, this is want I don't understand. "Caustic" is made up. He's not real. Why do you believe an admitted liar that he's based "Caustic" on anyone? Why would you now believe there's someone named "Edgar"? How many times do you have to be the butt of a joke to realize it?

Frankie":1pr2bnim said:
bigbull338":1pr2bnim said:
the bottomline is this cg or caustic or whoever.the advice was straight farward.good or bad.an alot of it was good advice.camps brain has tobe fryed from doing posting for him an caustic.heck he reminds me of great grandpa.who died long before i was born.he was rough an tough.an he did things his way.he said what he thinks.not caring if he is liked or not.

See, this is want I don't understand. "Caustic" is made up. He's not real. Why do you believe an admitted liar that he's based "Caustic" on anyone? Why would you now believe there's someone named "Edgar"? How many times do you have to be the butt of a joke to realize it?

Frankie,

I think it brings the whole board into question.
If not all the board at least many of the old timers.
They have sat by while CB beat on new comers, hobby guys, hereford cattle, subsity, grain, liberals, and whoever else was the meat for the day. I wonder how many times they have agreed not with what was typed but agreed just cause they enjoyed the JOKE. They agreed or said nothing because they enjoyed laughing at us....
CB came out, there are others in the closet with him.
CToday now has its own watergate...

MD

Frankie":4x3u0xw6 said:
bigbull338":4x3u0xw6 said:

I've been the butt of so many of CC's/CB's and now, it seems, Edgar's jokes (for lack of a better word) that I'm kinda immune to it. So, as for me...personally...the butt stops here... :p

Jeez, I can't believe I just wrote that...I've gotta get out more. :roll:

Alice

Frankie":59chrf2e said:
bigbull338":59chrf2e said:

frankie your right in 1 aspect.camp used an alter ego.now is that lieing yes an no.it doesnt shock me that he was running alter egos.now i myself dont go for that.never have or will.its best tobe yourself an not hide behind any1 on the pc.ive never been any1 but me here.an for that ive gotta chewed out.but hey im still here.i dont think camp ment any harm using his alter ego.

KNERSIE":18s8icw7 said:
Camp,

You should consider writing a novel, the way you brought Caustic's personality over in his posts is absolutely brilliant. You had me fooled, but then you knew that, didn't you? :oops:

You gotta be kiddin, right???????

Frankie":2wn0nh34 said:

Frankie, there is little doubt in my mind that "Edgar" exists/or existed. But I'll also bet that only a minority of the posts happened when "Edgar" was actually in the room.

Caustic Burno is simply a character based on "Edgar". RL has "played" the character and since controlled its evolution. To have respect for his views about cattle would be like falsely having respect for George C. Scott's political views - just because he played "Patton".

I have some more to say - but unfortunately I'm in the middle of something important and I must get back to it. I hope to post again later this afternoon/evening.

George

redfornow":13ic726f said:
Frankie":13ic726f said:
bigbull338":13ic726f said:

Frankie,

They have sat by while CB beat on new comers, hobby guys, hereford cattle, subsity, grain, liberals, and whoever else was the meat for the day. I wonder how many times they have agreed not with what was typed but agreed just cause they enjoyed the JOKE. They agreed or said nothing because they enjoyed laughing at us....

MD

Exactly, MD...

I wonder, also, how many people disagreed with the bullying tactics but were scared to death to call him/them on it because they knew they'd get pounded, also...not just by him/them, but buy his/their cohorts.

But, in the beginning of this thread, CC or whoever the heck he is, laid down his groundrules...no questions answered. Can someone claim executive privledge on message boards?

Alice

I doesn't matter one bit to me if he posted as CC or Caustic . The name one uses to post good information doesn't matter. Now I might have a problem if Caustic starts posting under the handle of Richard Simmons... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Frankie":2kzy8b7n said:
bigbull338":2kzy8b7n said:

Caustic Burno has helped many people on this board, even some of us that do this for a living, I didn't always agree, but I don't always agree with anyyone anyway. If you see all the good advice as lies, it your prerogative, I haven't seen you offer much help, lies or not.

I'm seeing a bunch of people raising a fuss because they got their feelings hurt by somone using an alias. Big deal and get over it. I for one could care less about how CB posts or if he is completly fictional.

Walt

KNERSIE":17mqspu0 said:
Frankie":17mqspu0 said:
bigbull338":17mqspu0 said:

Caustic Burno has helped many people on this board, even some of us that do this for a living, I didn't always agree, but I don't always agree with anyyone anyway. If you see all the good advice as lies, it your prerogative, I haven't seen you offer much help, lies or not.

You haven't been paying attention. I've offered my share of "advice" when I had some to offer. Unlike some people, I don't think I have the answer to everything.

Caustic Bruno didn't help anyone. He's not real. He's made up. He's pretend. Your language skills are 'way too good use that as an excuse. Now his name has been changed to "Edgar". I doubt he's real either.

Alice":3pkkyc4y said:
redfornow":3pkkyc4y said:
Frankie":3pkkyc4y said:
bigbull338":3pkkyc4y said:

Frankie,

MD

Exactly, MD...

I wonder, also, how many people disagreed with the bullying tactics but were scared to death to call him/them on it because they knew they'd get pounded, also...not just by him/them, but buy his/their cohorts.

But, in the beginning of this thread, CC or whoever the heck he is, laid down his groundrules...no questions answered. Can someone claim executive privledge on message boards?

Alice

You and me both, Alice. When I dared to call Caustic on some of his comments, I was attacked by several of his "posse". They've ganged up and insulted me more than once. I didn't appreciate it then, and now that I know what's going on, I'm pretty ticked off. Even more disgusting are these people who just simply buy into the latest story! A person admits to being a liar, making fools of several people on the board who have defended his/her fake personalities, and those same people line up to kiss his posterior! :shock:

Frankie":2fvvskz1 said:
KNERSIE":2fvvskz1 said:
Frankie":2fvvskz1 said:
bigbull338":2fvvskz1 said:

You haven't been paying attention. I've offered my share of "advice" when I had some to offer. Unlike some people, I don't think I have the answer to everything.

Caustic Bruno didn't help anyone. He's not real. He's made up. He's pretend. Your language skills are 'way too good use that as an excuse. Now his name has been changed to "Edgar". I doubt he's real either.

Its not a case of not understanding English, its a case of not understanding regional ways of saying something. Or terms not being used here or used differently. My English is based on UK English, not USA.

I don't think for a moment the real man's name is Edgar, it could be Frankie for all I care. If the old man enjoys CT, good, if there isn't even an old man, what does it matter, the character Caustic Burno helped more people through "his" advice than the few he bullied.

KNERSIE":119mqbd2 said:
I don't think for a moment the real man's name is Edgar, it could be Frankie for all I care. If the old man enjoys CT, good, if there isn't even an old man, what does it matter, the character Caustic Burno helped more people through "his" advice than the few he bullied.

You're welcome to your opinion. I don't think you were ever the object of his attack, insults or rude comments. I was. Talk to the Longhorn people on here and see if they think Caustic "helped" more people than he bullied. :roll: That was his prime object, bullying people. IMO, he was created just to be a bully.

Caustic is great - I thoroughly enjoy his straight from the hip opinion.

Let's remember - everyone's post on these boards are their opinion put into writing.

Anyone reading a post either takes that opinion and forms a response whether they then post their opinion or not is entirely up to that individual.

My opinion is if anyone takes offense, or agrees, or whatever... to someones post, for whatever reason, no-one is a fool, or is being picked on, or whatever....

You take from the boards someones opinion right wrong or indifferent and do with it what you want.

Nobody twists your arm to make you think exactly like anyone else.......GET OVER IT ALREADY!

It is no-ones purpose on these boards to change somebody!

Post your opinion(s) as whatever and whoever you wish to be that is just a USER NAME

That is my opinion and I'm sticking to it ;-)

Michele

PS - I guess I should state that not all posts are opinions, some are actually started with a question/statement/opinion, and then etc, etc, etc.

Miss Daisy":2ygewrhg said:
ok, i admit it... my alter egos are "crowderfarms" and "warpaint"

:lol:

I thought I was miss daisy

dun":o0j7p1x8 said:
Miss Daisy":o0j7p1x8 said:

if you wanna be associated with crowder and paint your welcome to come out if the closet as miss daisy too!!!

Miss Daisy":vaaswozw said:
dun":vaaswozw said:
Miss Daisy":vaaswozw said:

if you wanna be associated with crowder and paint your welcome to come out if the closet as miss daisy too!!!

Oh boy, you are starting to catch on already. :lol:

Herefords.US":3g3hl5re said:
Frankie":3g3hl5re said:

Frankie, there is little doubt in my mind that "Edgar" exists/or existed. But I'll also bet that only a minority of the posts happened when "Edgar" was actually in the room.

Caustic Burno is simply a character based on "Edgar". RL has "played" the character and since controlled its evolution. To have respect for his views about cattle would be like falsely having respect for George C. Scott's political views - just because he played "Patton".

I have some more to say - but unfortunately I'm in the middle of something important and I must get back to it. I hope to post again later this afternoon/evening.

George

Again cyber slueth you wrong in the beginiing there were seven regulars that posted under Caustic including the deceased one.
None of the regulars posted under it after Caustic took over his handle.
Caustic started as a joke as my old mentor goes by that handle and we all found it hilarous when he would introduce himself as Caustic Burno. Several of us started playing with it and the new wore off and started letting it drop. I showed the board and the name to Caustic a couple of years ago after his wife died and he started coming to the house for meals, he was hooked. He couldn't have worked a computer if his life had depended on it. Now I actually think he can he just wants the company.
Caustic is 82 and knows more about cattle than I will ever learn in a lifetime.
He comes over and reads the board with me most every day. He will say type this to them or that and thats what I do. He laughs so hard he cries some time..
He has even bought a computer something I thought would never happen so when I come over to his house he can participate on the board. When I am working he still comes over as the wife fix's his meals and will log and and type for him. That is why you see the different writing style from time to time now. He still a large full time rancher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts