Caustic was right....

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
....about the wagon being in the ditch and they just keep heaping stuff on it.

Today I received a notice that I had to sign an affidavit swearing that I am in fact an american citizen and deliver it to the government BEFORE they would accept the money for the fine that they charge me for providing jobs to the people in my community. To add insult to injury I also had to pay them an additional sum to cover their cost of handling the paperwork.

Is it just me or is there something wrong with this picture? I also can't help but wonder what they would have done if I refused to swear I was an american. Would they still take the money for the fine? :???:

I do know this, if it wasn't for them seven people would have a good job right now but I've decided its just not worth the trouble.

Have they started forcing you to hire ex-cons yet? Subsidized over this way now. Real hard to get a job unless you're an ex-con.

Haven't been forced to do that yet. Am talking to a fella who got pulled over for DUI and lost his job because of it this Thanksgiving. He has a CDL and you know how they frown on having a beer with one of these even if you are riding a lawn mower. His boss is really upset that he had to fire him but that is his company's policy. Just don't know if he'll take a job. He might want to just sit at the house for a year or two and draw his benefits but I don't think he is the type.

Is the original fine for not providing documentation of the employees? I've found its best to just play the game because if you don't you won't win

Know a young man 34 years old who has spend the majority of his adult life in Tex prison, he got out last year and and got $1800 a month because he passed or failed a dumb test and was declared dumb. Guess he was , in a few months he was back in.

hooknline":3sw5xsjz said:
Is the original fine for not providing documentation of the employees? I've found its best to just play the game because if you don't you won't win

No, this has nothing to do with hiring illegals. I'm simply fined for each employee I hire. Has nothing to do with payroll tax or anything. Just a fine.

Jogeephus":3nr2liy8 said:
Haven't been forced to do that yet. Am talking to a fella who got pulled over for DUI and lost his job because of it this Thanksgiving. He has a CDL and you know how they frown on having a beer with one of these even if you are riding a lawn mower. His boss is really upset that he had to fire him but that is his company's policy. Just don't know if he'll take a job. He might want to just sit at the house for a year or two and draw his benefits but I don't think he is the type.
That's no joke about the lawnmower. Guy locally got busted recently here for mowing his own yard on a riding mower with a suspended drivers licence.

I've hired 2 parolees, and they are pritty much the same as anybody else, there's a 50/50 chance they're worth what you pay them. I actually had a parole officer come and ask me if I would hire them, I told him I couldn't because the laws governing the permit that I had from the state, stated that they could not be convicted felons. He said he would take care of that, and got a release from the state stating what they could and could not do. I hired them, one woman and one guy. The guy turned out to be excellent help, I had to fire the woman after 2 weeks. She had a family that she was supposed to be taking care of, and the guy was on his own with no kids.

I might add that he had been in the pen for 14 years and she had only spent 6 months. There was no subsidy or at least I wasn't offered one. Naturally I asked what they had done to be sent to prison, and he said for me to ask them, that they would tell me, or they would be in violation of their parole. And if they got fired for good reason, they would also be in violation and would be sent back. I don't know what happened to her but still see him occasionally. and he is still doing well.

Years ago I worked on a county asphalt crew. We would get inmates from the county, it was some kind of day labor program. You could figure out who would last and who wouldn't pretty quick.

Giving a parolee another chance with a job offering is one thing. Subsidized parolee hiring is another.

ga.prime":1t1sc2s4 said:
Jogeephus":1t1sc2s4 said:
That's no joke about the lawnmower. Guy locally got busted recently here for mowing his own yard on a riding mower with a suspended drivers licence.

My lawnmower has a "reverse interlock" system. I have to insert the key and then blow into a straw. If I'm alcohol free the thing won't start.

In our busy season I'll hire at least 15 or 20 "work release" prisoners. Most of them work well, because they go in the "hole" if they don't work or give us any trouble. The state makes a ton of money off of these people. The average work release takes home about $1 an hour after the prison charges them for transportation, lunches, heck they even charge them $1 per roll of toilet paper. In a way it's sad, but they did do something to get in jail. Work release also lets them get out of jail during the day; I believe that's why most want to do it - it's definitely not for the money.

It's "illegal" in Ga. for the state or anyone else for that matter to profit from inmate labor. Under strict circumstances such as they're short time, not a sex offender, etc., inmates can at the discretion of the Warden be allowed to voluntarily work outside the prison fences. Work such as picking up trash along the roadside, breaking rocks, renovating the courthouse, digging a pond with shovels, and so on. Closely guarded by a CO with a twelve guage.

hooknline":2or8572e said:
Federal or state?

Local. Pretty soon I'll have to pay them the "intangible tax" as well. Here is the definitition of this, "intangible assets are defined as identifiable non-monetary assets that cannot be seen, touched or physically measured, which are created through time and/or effort". Try arguing over the price of this tax. :???: Its no wonder our unemployment in this area far excedes the state average.

They can't tax what you don't have and how they can prove something that can't be seen or touched I never understood. We have the intangible tax here, and its a joke

I can appreciate the theory of the intangables tax. Your property (land, house) get taxed based on its value. If you sell your land and buy stocks you just change from a physical asset to an paper one. Why should not a wealthy investor pay some local property taxes as well.

Here in North Carolina we eliminated the intangables tax years ago, but when we had it the money went back to local governments. In theory it kept down property tax rates.

a hundred years ago ones wealth could be fairly measured by how much land you owned. Now not so much. I think local government need to look for other sources of revenue and not always the property owner.

Jogeephus":dit9w3a3 said:
hooknline":dit9w3a3 said:

No, this has nothing to do with hiring illegals. I'm simply fined for each employee I hire. Has nothing to do with payroll tax or anything. Just a fine.
What exactly do you mean by all this? I'm curious because I keep asking folks like accountants what the deal is with health insurance
and employees today. I heard there is a tax credit of @8500.00 per employee but not sure what sort of health insurance provisions must be met today. What sort of fines are you speaking of? Thanks in advance.

Kingfisher":8wxssmnu said:
What exactly do you mean by all this? I'm curious because I keep asking folks like accountants what the deal is with health insurance
and employees today. I heard there is a tax credit of @8500.00 per employee but not sure what sort of health insurance provisions must be met today. What sort of fines are you speaking of? Thanks in advance.

Its simply a fine (tax) you have to pay for each employee you hire. I have to do it each year but this is the first year I had to go out of my way and have an affidavit signed swearing that I am an AMERICAN. This just wasted two hours of my day getting this done but I'm sure this all has something to do with their collecting statistics to show how good a job homeland security is doing keeping illegals out of the country or something.

As for the health insurance deal I can't get any good answers on this either but there was a seminar this summer and I can tell you what they said there. First of all, if you hire a person and this person works more than 30 days you must offer them health insurance and if you refuse to do so you will be fined $600 per employee. More importantly, the definition of an employee is anyone who works more than 30 days which INCLUDES contract laborers or illegals. As for the illegals, all new employees must be checked through a form you can get through Homeland Security but to do it right there is a three inch book you can study to be sure you do it properly but you might need to hire an attorney to muddle through this thing. But in summary, the homeland security check list says you must employ anyone who can offer you two forms of ID which includes a drivers license and a social security card and failing to hire them due to their apparent illegality or race, creed, sexual orientation will result in a discrimination suit and fine. Additionally you can also use E-verify to check the documents. This is the government's check site but it is wrong 27% of the time and if you do not hire someone based on erroneous data then you can get in trouble for discrimination. However if you do hire an illegal then you will face a fine and the second offence could lead to them shutting down your business. Oh, if an insurance company refuses to insure you they will be fined $100 per day. That's about all I got out of the meeting.

Latest posts