Caught this one on my portable pocket trail cam

Help Support CattleToday:

Thanks, guess I should feel lucky, especially since I got him the first evening I got to go. I know a guy that runs a local deer processing shop and he said he had over 80 brought in by this time last year. This year it is in the teens. Sounds like next year there should be plenty.

Commercialfarmer":2clacmf7 said:
Thanks, guess I should feel lucky, especially since I got him the first evening I got to go. I know a guy that runs a local deer processing shop and he said he had over 80 brought in by this time last year. This year it is in the teens. Sounds like next year there should be plenty.
The numbers were way down here for rifle season, I had been seeing more than usual, but we had really crappy hunting weather, either hot, hot and windy, or freezing and really windy. We also had a good acorn crop so there not moving around alot.

skyhightree1":12dhofbj said:
CF nice buck you got there. What did you take him with?

7mm mag at about 10 steps. He just went down. :oops: .

I had planned to sit and watch an open field that ran the length of the 1/2 section. But the wind picked up so I set in a canyon I was going to try for late season archery. I was just sitting against an oak tree a few feet off the floor. He came from down wind right in front of me. I don't know how he didn't know something was up.

Commercialfarmer":2912dgvq said:
skyhightree1":2912dgvq said:
CF nice buck you got there. What did you take him with?

7mm mag at about 10 steps. He just went down. :oops: .

I had planned to sit and watch an open field that ran the length of the 1/2 section. But the wind picked up so I set in a canyon I was going to try for late season archery. I was just sitting against an oak tree a few feet off the floor. He came from down wind right in front of me. I don't know how he didn't know something was up.

Gotcha.. Dont you just hate it when you are shooting and a nice buck runs into your bullet ? Man I hate that :lol2: He didn't know something was up cause his mind was pre-occupied by other things.

Latest posts