Cattle Treats

Help Support CattleToday:

aplusmnt

Reaction score
Been thinking, they have Doggy Treats, Kitty Treats, Horse Treats. Wondering if a guy could make a bundle selling Cow treats.

Could offer them in Corn flavor, Alfalfa all natural, and Soy flavor for those cows that need to watch their weight. :D

Any ideas on what to call them? "Bovine Snack Crackers"?

Could sell them at Tractor Supply and all Pet Stores.

warpaint":3pw6qem7 said:
I just call em range cubes, says so right on the bag.

Exactly. They go nuts over range cubes. My cows have that "beg" and "speak" trick down pat. Just the sound of a diesel engine will prompt the "speak" part. They are not trained to "shake hands" "sit" "Heel" or "roll-over", but I am working on it.

For some reason I have it in my head that range cubes are called cake, so that is what I call them, maybe if you call it cow cake and put it in indiividual bags and sell it you will be the next Bill Gates!

I was thinking Bovine Biscuits but that may get confusing - food for cows or pure Beef dog biscuits?

So I am going with Cow Cookies. Just get a free internet site and sell them on there.
Testimonials from real feeders of Cow Cookies would be good. I bet you could get Caustic to help you on that.;)

Victoria":1s8xvgg9 said:
So I am going with Cow Cookies. Just get a free internet site and sell them on there.
Testimonials from real feeders of Cow Cookies would be good. I bet you could get Caustic to help you on that.;)

I don't know, Victoria. Sounds an awful lot like cow pies. :lol:

I remember a yankee lady and her daughter at a feed store one time years ago the girl had a little yorkshire pig under her arm they were getting all kinds of goodies for the pig they said he was gonna be a house pet like arnold on green acres. thats when the man at the store said you know that pig is gonna top out at several hundred pounds dont you :shock: he broke that little girls heart ;-)

A. Hasbeen":1mg6pdnj said:
For some reason I have it in my head that range cubes are called cake, so that is what I call them, maybe if you call it cow cake and put it in indiividual bags and sell it you will be the next Bill Gates!

What they refer to as cake is usually 38 or 41% protein. Breeders cubes are generally 20% protein. Range cubes or calling cubes are generally 12 or 14 %. I have an Uncle from Kansas and he also calls everything cake. If you ask for cake at the feedstores around here, you are not going to get range cubes, as he has discovered.

cypressfarms":3cdd7kwc said:
BSC is too close to BSE.

I bet you could make a bundle off of people like Caustic who value their pets. ;-)

I was thinking maybe I could hire caustic as a spokesperson.

I call this kind of exchange idiocy. Not funny in the slightest. Check my spelling there if you don't mind, aplus.

ga. prime":2qeh6b3r said:
I call this kind of exchange idiocy. Not funny in the slightest. Check my spelling there if you don't mind, aplus.

Sorry not sure how to spell it, I use simple words like Stupid ;-) Bet you read all 14 post though didn't you? :D

I was thinking more along the lines of Snacks for Sensitive Steers, Cubicle Cowboy Cookies, this would open the markets that feed cattle out of a sack daily.

I think you are putting the horse before the wagon aplus.

First we have to create a breed of "lap cows".

Because of their size I think we should start with miniature herefords and shorty's. Only keep the runts. With Doc's help we could have Lhaso Apso sized "couch cattle" within, oh say 50 years.( Maybe some Highland as well to get that "Ewok" look but we gotta get em polled somehow ).

THEN and only then, would your treats take off.

We need to do lunch, do a little brainstorming get some outside the box ideas happening on this.

When the oxen as just calves we feed them those cheap wafer type cookies as a treat. We just call them calf cookies. hwy'ew pretty nasty tasting t me but the calves like them. As they get older they start getting an occational hay cube. Strangly enough we still call them calf cookies.

dun

Latest posts