Cattle Today Family

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I gotta say I've enjoyed my time on this board and the exchange of ideas from people across the globe but most of all I've enjoyed getting to know the people. There are some good people on the board who I'm proud to call friends. (can't think of but one foe and its gone) So far I've met three in person, all of which have been wonderful down to earth people. Recently, my son who is recouping from an injury and was suffering from some serious cabin fever, was invited to stay with 3Waycross and his family. This was probably the third invitation but my son had concerns over imposing on someone he'd never met and he's sortof shy. After some prodding from me, he accepted and found a home away from home which was just the medicine he needed. Target shooting, skeet shooting, fishing, gawking at cattle and of course fantastic food with wonderful people was the perfect medicine. All I can say is thank you 3Way, it meant the world to both of us. I do hope that one day I'll be able to meet you and others on the board in person. Of course this goes against my son's advice cause he said if you and I got together we'd probably end up in jail or something. ;-) :nod: :lol2:

Anyhow, its good to know that with CT and the net the world has gotten smaller and if I ever got in a bind in several states (and countries) there are people on the board who are more than willing to help out. Thanks again.

Thanks Jo, it was our pleasure. That's one fine young man you raised there. My only problem was having the energy to keep up with a 25 yr old. One thing is for sure, he sure does like his Dad. You are about the only thing he talks about. He's welcome back any time, as long as he promises not to outshoot me next time.

:lol2: I talked to him last night and I could tell he was in much better spirits after his visit. He really needed the break.

He mentioned you might try for the grand slam one day. If so, don't worry about the easterns cause we have plenty to choose from and they are not very educated from hunting pressure.

I think you're son probably was hanging out with the "cream of the crop" when he was over at 3ways place. Hope the recovery from his injury is quick.

Jogeephus":yravw00i said:
All I can say is thank you 3Way, it meant the world to both of us. I do hope that one day I'll be able to meet you and others on the board in person. Of course this goes against my son's advice cause he said if you and I got together we'd probably end up in jail or something. ;-) :nod: :lol2:
I would worry about the 'something' :shock: but perhaps you two could stay out of mischief if you left the Blueberry bottle at home :lol:

alisonb":31uc613n said:
Jogeephus":31uc613n said:
All I can say is thank you 3Way, it meant the world to both of us. I do hope that one day I'll be able to meet you and others on the board in person. Of course this goes against my son's advice cause he said if you and I got together we'd probably end up in jail or something. ;-) :nod: :lol2:
I would worry about the 'something' :shock: but perhaps you two could stay out of mischief if you left the Blueberry bottle at home :lol:

Well, there's always "Uncle Jack", ;-) He likes to travel. 8)

3way..when your ready for your osceola, let me know. I might be able to help you out on that one

hooknline":20z4n6ax said:
3way..when your ready for your osceola, let me know. I might be able to help you out on that one

Thnaks for the offer. I might just take you up on that one. I am looking at the spring of 2014 for this epic journey.

You want the slam all in one year?!?!?! That's is a lofty goal. Let me know if I can help

hooknline":3in86k5h said:
You want the slam all in one year?!?!?! That's is a lofty goal. Let me know if I can help

No I will probably try to do the Merriams and Rio Grande one year and the other two the next.

VanC":2s0tt3z5 said:
I always had a sneaking suspicion that Vic was a pretty good guy. ;-)

:nod:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your son Jo. Sometimes friends we have never met in person are even better face to face . :D

I was tempted to take 3way up on his offer and ship Mr HD down there for some R and R; but I guarantee when those 2 finally meet they will be no rest at all. Hubby will be like a kid in a candy store with all the fishing ,etc and of course the incredible meals that would ensue.. ;-)

I have met Jo in person and spent a couple of days hunting with him and prowling around in his swamps and scoping out his fine herd of imbalancers. A true gentleman and American if I ever met one. He is the kind of guy that would give you his last beer if you were thirsty or the coat off of his back if you were old. I consider him a friend and fully intend to make it back down there and help him "thin" down the resident hog population :cboy:

Vic and I have been pm'ing, emailing and chatting on the phone about a subject we are both passionate about and that is Gelbvieh and Balancer cattle. Vic has been very helpfull to me and it is obvious that he really knows cattle. Especially Gelbvieh......I don't think I ever mentioned a bull that he didn't have in-depth knowledge of. Right down to the epd's, progeny, disposition, hooves and legs. One of these days I would like to meet up with him in person......maybe at a Gelbvieh sale when I buy my first donor cow :p

LaneFarms":3mpen7nq said:
Joe if your cookin is that good when are you inviting everyone up for a BBQ?

Lets just say there is an open invitation for anyone that finds themself in my area but please keep in mind the quality of the food always seems better after inhaling some pecan smoke and sopping down a few cold beverages. I'm a firm believer that a good BBQ isn't all about the food but the journey getting it on the plate. :lol2:

Jogeephus":3b6bfat4 said:
LaneFarms":3b6bfat4 said:
Joe if your cookin is that good when are you inviting everyone up for a BBQ?

Lets just say there is an open invitation for anyone that finds themself in my area but please keep in mind the quality of the food always seems better after inhaling some pecan smoke and sopping down a few cold beverages. I'm a firm believer that a good BBQ isn't all about the food but the journey getting it on the plate. :lol2:
:nod: :nod: :nod:

Latest posts