Cattle rustlers strike NE Alabama

Help Support CattleToday:

UPDATE:
Two cattle rustling arrests made in DeKalb County

[Montgomery, Alabama] Alabama Law Enforcement Agency's Agricultural & Rural Crime Unit (ARCU), working in conjunction with the DeKalb County Sheriff's Office, made two arrests in DeKalb County on Wednesday May 28, 2014.

ARCU agents along with deputies from the DeKalb County Sheriff's Office arrested David Grant Fulmer, 28 of Collinsville and Eddie Ray Fulmer, 31 of Albertville. David Fulmer is charged with two counts of theft of property first-degree. Eddie Fulmer is also charged with two counts of theft of property first-degree, receiving stolen property third-degree and promoting prison contraband. Both men were booked into the DeKalb County Detention Center with the possibility of additional charges pending.

The investigation started after approximately 50 head of cattle were reported missing in the New Harmony community between May 13th and May 24th. Farm equipment was also reported stolen. Two cattle were found shot on County Road 458 on May 25th and ARCU was notified.

ARCU Commander Gene Wiggins said, "ARCU investigators specialize in agricultural and rural crimes. Through strategic partnerships with local law enforcement throughout the state, over the past 10 months, our unit has investigated over 100 cases, made 55 arrests and recovered more than $1.5 million in stolen property."
Source: http://www.dothanfirst.com/story/d/stor ... 5ljo919v9g

If these were your cattle, could you make a positive ID?

M5farm":16ldxvov said:
http://todayscattle.yuku.com/forums/74/Psychological-Demographics-and-The-Think-Tank#.U4jGRekU-M8

boy that's an exciting forum. It looks like it is sirloin, sirloin 338 and not2foxy are the members. LOL

Ummm....That whole site is horrendously, stupendously.... CREEPY. I feel unclean now.... :help:

M5.
Re:
I posted it first jim baker so I win
Well so you did!
So take two attaboys out of the community chest and buy yourself a Dr. Pepper!
Shame you didn't have a cnote on that one!
JACK Baker

John Baker

 Interact

#3 5 days ago SL,I did a bio o...ted By: John Baker 5 days ago. Edited 1 time.

Source: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=91711

Re:

By: Caustic Burno » Thu May 22, 2014 8:38 pm ( Texas )

Most of those mineral salt blocks I have seen don't have nothing but trace minerals.
And they mean a trace.

If all that is in the block is trace minerals, you are looking at a trace mineral block, not a mineral block.

Trace minerals are given in PPM ( parts per million aka micro minerals ). Minerals are given as a %. ( aka macro minerals )

See: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=us

Re:

I would think Vigortone or Cargill Emerald for this time of year.

IMO, without knowing the daily total intake of both minerals and trace minerals from forage of hickey214 cattle it is impossible to safely recommend any minerals or trace minerals, as you could do more harm then good.

Re: by novatech » Thu May 22, 2014 10:00 pm ( Texas )

The mineral you need to put out will have a lot to do with what you have or have not in your soil. Your county agent may be able to help.I agree with Caustic on the blocks.

You first sentence is true, but then you should not agree with Caustic as he has recommended feeding minerals without knowing soil conditions, hence, not knowing forage mineral content.

Your two statements are diabolically opposed to each other.

Re: by bigbull338 » Fri May 23, 2014 10:18 am ( Texas )

youll be money a head by buying the best loose sack mineral you can buy.

Again! You are recommending feeding minerals without knowing if hickey214 cattle even need supplemental minerals which could do more harm then good.

Re: by BC » Fri May 23, 2014 1:17 pm (Texas )

I don't know what part of the world you operate in, but in Texas they have done the research to show the value of mineral supplementation. Take a look at this: http://animalscience.tamu.edu/files/201 ... tation.pdf

That is true, both trace minerals and minerals are important in an animals diet. But if you read your own source, it also warns of the dangers of feeding to much minerals.

As a Texan I would think you would know this:

Hardt et al reported that 76% of bermudagrass samples tested in Texas were deficient in copper and that half of these samples contained more than 0,3% sulfur. 35% of native forage samples in Texas were high in iron. Sulfur and iron are known antagonists of copper absorption.97% of bermudagrass and 98% of native forages contained zinc levels below the recommended levels of 40ppm.

Plus there has been numerous warnings about high levels of sulfur in Texas water.

by dun » Fri May 23, 2014 1:42 pm

Cattle are managed much more intently then in the past. Their genetics have been tweaked and screwed with so that they are a much different animal then they did at the survival stage. We expect them to calve, wean a good calf and breed back on a tight schedule. The 5 or 6 bucks a year that mineral costs are jsut cheap insurance that they will continue to produce up to our expectations.

Much of what you say is true, but the same can be said for the forage cattle eat today.

What I find interesting is the two totally opposite positions you take depending on the supplemental feeding being discussed.

When we discussed the feeding of ethanol by-products, you called those who did not have the by-product, their water and forage tested to determine their cattle's present daily sulfur intake before feeding it, idiots!

Yet, now that we are discussing minerals, which can contain ethanol by-products and high levels of sulfur, you make no mention of doing any testing, nor do you call those who don't know their cattle's present daily sulfur intake before adding more, idiots.

Why is that?

by Workinonit Farm » Fri May 23, 2014 2:30 pm

hicky214-----check your PM's.

If you think you can back stab John or myself without us knowing it, you are sadly mistaken!

You need to grow up young lady!!

by TexasBred » Fri May 23, 2014 3:03 pm ( Texas )

Who mentioned sulfur???

I do believe his name is hickey214, and he did it in his very first post.

You do know "sulfur" is a mineral, don't you?

TTFN I'm back to making hay

SL

M5farm

Re: your post of Fri May 30, 2014 1:55 pm
@ viewtopic.php?f=8&t=91824&start=15

You et al are perfectly welcome to copy and paste anything from my board, but to avoid a copyright violation, you must also furnish the URL from which you copy.
Thank you
SL368

cc: M Gravlee , CT board administrator

John Baker":oz07h56x said:
M5farm

Re: your post of Fri May 30, 2014 1:55 pm
@ viewtopic.php?f=8&t=91824&start=15

You et al are perfectly welcome to copy and paste anything from my board, but to avoid a copyright violation, you must also furnish the URL from which you copy.
Thank you
SL368

cc: M Gravlee , CT board administrator

M5farm is a registered trademark and for you to use it I am due $1000.00 or in other words KMA

Cottage farm,
Re:
That whole site is horrendously, stupendously.... CREEPY. I feel unclean now
As well you should, as you were in a construction site!
Construction has been temporally halted due to haying season.

Do you know anything about constructing a board, perhaps you would like to help SL?
John

John Baker":1iaif5vz said:
Tennessee Tuxedo,
Re:
What is TTT?
See: http://todayscattle.yuku.com/forums/74/ ... 4jGRekU-M8

sim-ang-king
Re:
Now how are you going to account for those that are rustled and then taken straight to the slaughter plant?
I seriously doubt that anyone is going to take calves straight to a slaughterhouse!!
Is that how you sell your calves?
John

Aren't you advertising by digging under the fence because you are not allowed to use the gate.

John Baker":3t9ves18 said:
Cottage farm,
Re:
That whole site is horrendously, stupendously.... CREEPY. I feel unclean now
As well you should, as you were in a construction site!
Construction has been temporally halted due to haying season.

Do you know anything about constructing a board, perhaps you would like to help SL?
John

eeewwww :shock: Where's that big, green vomiting smilie when you need him

M5,
Re:
M5farm is a registered trademark and for you to use it I am due $1000.00 or in other words KMA
If it is a registered trademark then you need to indicate so by incorporating this symbol.
( ® )
As for KMA, you will have to mark off a spot for me because as you are all A and I'm not sure where you want it.

John

Case closed!

John Baker":10g58qs8 said:
Tennessee Tuxedo,
Re:
What is TTT?
See: http://todayscattle.`.com/forums/74/Psychological-Demographics-and-The-Think-Tank#.U4jGRekU-M8

sim-ang-king
Re:
Now how are you going to account for those that are rustled and then taken straight to the slaughter plant?
I seriously doubt that anyone is going to take calves straight to a slaughterhouse!!
Is that how you sell your calves?
John
Yes because rustlers only steal calves.
:help:

TennesseeTuxedo":1h05kv56 said:
This place gets more interesting by the day.
Well, I just now caught up to this thread. All I can say iswhatthefudge? :roll:
He is like a herpes affliction! A bad virus that causes itching and pain to your bottom side. Can't get rid of him, just keeps coming back over and over again! Leaves a scab and a scar so you never forget the trauma to the body (or mind) it has caused! :bang:
Sorry, the nurse in me came out for a moment. I am better now. :lol:

Latest posts