Cattle Quizes

Help Support CattleToday:

100% but I must admit that the Henry Clay question was a guess. Florida was a Spanish colony so that gave that one away.

edit: whoa! I got 100 on the other breeds test too, though I don't understand why they refer Gelbvieh as being red and not yellow

I skipped the one about water buffalo, but here's how I did on the others:

1. 10/10
2. 8/10
3. 9/10
4. 10/10
5. 9/10
6. 8/10
7. 5/10
8. 4/5
9. 10/10
10. 7/10
12. 7/10
13 7/10

Many of the ones I got right weren't because of personal experience, but from reading this forum for the past couple of years. Had fun with it. Thanks.

Santas and Duhram Reds":2mh5enj1 said:
though I don't understand why they refer Gelbvieh as being red and not yellow

There were a couple that I kinda disagreed with too. The only one I can remember right now is thawing a straw of semen in your pocket.

That was fun! I did better on the beef cattle than I thought I would, but I don't know squat about dairy cows!

farmwife":14wtnx2t said:
Santas and Duhram Reds":14wtnx2t said:
though I don't understand why they refer Gelbvieh as being red and not yellow

There were a couple that I kinda disagreed with too. The only one I can remember right now is thawing a straw of semen in your pocket.

The "cows see color just like we do" is a bunch of hooey unless the folks that came up with the question are red-green color blind.

farmwife":3j8nv76q said:
There were a couple that I kinda disagreed with too. The only one I can remember right now is thawing a straw of semen in your pocket.[/quote:3j8nv76q said:
Farmwife, my wife thaws semen in a small insulated cup of warm water but once she puts it in the gun the slides the gun inside her tee-shirt or whatever she is wearing and down into her "bra" until she is ready to insert it into the cow. Now how is that for getting it down to body temp?? :lol2: :lol2:

TexasBred":mp5zwefq said:
farmwife":mp5zwefq said:
There were a couple that I kinda disagreed with too. The only one I can remember right now is thawing a straw of semen in your pocket.[/quote:mp5zwefq said:
Farmwife, my wife thaws semen in a small insulated cup of warm water but once she puts it in the gun the slides the gun inside her tee-shirt or whatever she is wearing and down into her "bra" until she is ready to insert it into the cow. Now how is that for getting it down to body temp?? :lol2: :lol2:

That's creative. I usually thaw it in water and then put the gun in the waist of pants and partially down my pants leg, or under my arm.

Latest posts