Cattle Info Wanted !!

Help Support CattleToday:

superspot

Reaction score
Wanted !! Information on Chianina, Belgian Blue, Peidmontese, and especially Ancient White Park cattle. Searching for open cows out of each breed

I would like mostly to breed with the horned white park because of what I hear about such high quality of beef they produce, and because they are so scarce were I am. The reason for the others is because of thier size mostly, and im getting tired of running the same old breeds that are so common here over my cows. They have always caught my attention and I would like to try them for myself. Do you know of any for sale ?

superspot":38dojjiw said:
Wanted !! Information on Chianina, Belgian Blue, Peidmontese, and especially Ancient White Park cattle. Searching for open cows out of each breed

If you will click on the 'Cattle Today' tab at the top of the screen, then scroll down the list on the left side and click on breeds you will find all of the breeds you're looking for information on listed in alphabetical order. Good luck!

TurnThatCowLooseMaw":2du3727n said:
I have heard that with piedmontese and belgian blues you can run into calving problems. Id be careful. Perhaps with chianina to cuz they are big cattle.

chianina calves are not that big ;-)

if you go to the ag expo in georgia by chance there were several breeders there with those breeds atleast the piedmontese and belgian blues and chianina could also try the cattlepages.com

I appreciate all the info so far, and if any-one might be able to give me a name or contact info of some-one who sales those type cows, that would help a lot too !

topsquar":2euaq33e said:
TurnThatCowLooseMaw":2euaq33e said:
I have heard that with piedmontese and belgian blues you can run into calving problems. Id be careful. Perhaps with chianina to cuz they are big cattle.

How BIG is "that" big??

"Big" is relative, and what to one person is "big'" to another with a different herd cow base "big" is "average" - whatever "average" is! "Average" could be "Normal" - whatever "Normal" is!

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":6lebvbum said:
topsquar":6lebvbum said:
TurnThatCowLooseMaw":6lebvbum said:

How BIG is "that" big??

"Big" is relative, and what to one person is "big'" to another with a different herd cow base "big" is "average" - whatever "average" is! "Average" could be "Normal" - whatever "Normal" is!

DOC HARRIS

Hard to argue with logic like that!

Latest posts