Cattle Call

Help Support CattleToday:

bandit80":287qlfhs said:
dyates":287qlfhs said:
Woooo or Sook Cows works just fine so long as the stock trailer isn't in view. If the trailer is in view, you may as well be trying to herd turkeys.

Funny how they know that. I always catch them, then go get the trailer. Luckily pastures are close to home.

That's also when you go get the cooler as well as those who want to "help you pen cows". :lol: :lol:

TexasBred":3d963ytg said:
bandit80":3d963ytg said:
dyates":3d963ytg said:
Woooo or Sook Cows works just fine so long as the stock trailer isn't in view. If the trailer is in view, you may as well be trying to herd turkeys.

Funny how they know that. I always catch them, then go get the trailer. Luckily pastures are close to home.

That's also when you go get the cooler as well as those who want to "help you pen cows". :lol: :lol:

Isn't that right. I can do more good penning my cattle by myself with a bucket of cubes than with a bunch of folks helping. Not that I don't appreciate the help, but all help is not good help. :)

skyline":188eqz8f said:
TexasBred":188eqz8f said:
bandit80":188eqz8f said:

Isn't that right. I can do more good penning my cattle by myself with a bucket of cubes than with a bunch of folks helping. Not that I don't appreciate the help, but all help is not good help. :)

I do better by myself, or just my wife and I. She likes to take a ranger ride to go check cows in the summer. Cooler is a neccessity.

ToddFarmsInc":1i6krtx6 said:
My dad trained me years ago to call em bossies... got no ideal why.... and their ya go. :dunce:

Hmm... now that I think about it... is it "sue Boss" or "SUE boss!"

We used to yell "come boss, come boss".

Often around here, in the evening you'll hear..."C'mon girls!!!......C'mon Cimm!...C'mon calf-ies!...C'mon babes!...Thats right!...C'mon giiirrrlllss!!...C'mon Cimmmmm!!!..............." Guess I have a whole bunch of names I go over calling the cows up...I wonder if the neighbors ever wonder what all the hollerin' is sometimes... :D

LG

bucket of cubes and sweet feed does the trick on my heifer..since I ve got one, I call her by name too..though Im sure she would come just by the rattle of feed in a bucket..she is a sweet feed hound.

I guess if you keep'em hungry enough you can pen'em with a bag with a handful of rocks in it. :lol: I actually just whistle once and every head in the pasture comes up...then the stampede is on.

Whether I am bringing them in to work with them or moving them to a different pasture I always just yell "Girls " "come"...and the bawling starts and they all come to me.

Hubby asked how I trained them to do that ...I said "it's magic".. :lol2:
The only problem with that is if someone else has to round them up they might be hooped because they only will do that for me.. :cowboy:

"Here cow!" Don't even need that unless one or more has gone over the fence. They have their "watches" set for 5:30pm. They are lined up at the feed trough when we pull in at night.
Grandson just puts on his red hat and yells "Momma". The lead cow heads his way and everyone else follows. :lol2:

Turin53":2tjqucuu said:
"Here cow!" Don't even need that unless one or more has gone over the fence. They have their "watches" set for 5:30pm. They are lined up at the feed trough when we pull in at night.
Grandson just puts on his red hat and yells "Momma". The lead cow heads his way and everyone else follows. :lol2:

:) I hear that! Mine usually line up and call me! I think they are saying get your butt out here and feed us!!!

We just have the bottle calves that are 8 months now and I yell Baaayyyybbbyyysss. My husband does it different but they come non the less. We call them in to put pour on on, or to get them out of the wrong area. Darn things come better than dogs.

So, do you call them boss, because they are the boss, or is it because they are Bos taurus or indicus?

Latest posts