CATTLE AT LARGE TICKET-COSTS MORE THAN THE COW

Help Support CattleToday:

KATHYWEEKS":1xxhli5t said:
We are in between Houston & Galveston. ...

I know this area pretty well, it's not what I'd think of as "the country", I wouldn't count on have a "understanding" judge. The few areas ( you have to get several miles off I-45 ) that have land/cattle are being pressured as more and more people are looking to get "out of the city" and buy an acre or two but most of them still want the "city rules & regs" that keep livestock at arm's length. They like to see cows / calves / horses / goats in pastures ( the country scene ) but they don't want the "smell" or even less to get close enough to come into contact with a animal. The local judges can be pretty unreasonable at times, you may get lucky but I wouldn't bet on it.

All the advice about pictures of fence repairs made are good, anything that shows you're doing your best to keep them up.

Good luck to you,
;-)

Herefordcross":1f2c8smf said:
THink some of you got it rough, come to WV. We have fence laws and anyone can sue anybody for anything!

We do to. We carry a bunch of insurance just for this. I'd like to pose a question for you though since you have fence laws. I will assume you have to purchase a hunting license in WV if you want to kill a deer because the deer and other wildlife are the STATE'S. Therefore, it seems to me if you hit my cow and are able to sue me then if I hit the State's property (the deer) I should be able to sue the state for damages. This has always struck me as a double standard.

Latest posts