Carrie Underwood

Help Support CattleToday:

Carrie Underwood gave PETA millions of dollars to stop rodeos and a boatload of money to HSUS (the largest anti-hunting group in the world) to stop the hunting industry.

Rolling Stone Magazine Describes "Horrors" Of Animal Agriculture

http://beefmagazine.com/blog/rolling-st ... griculture

The RS article
http://www.rollingstone.com/feature/bel ... -activists

With the craven consent of the Department of Agriculture (then, as now, a revolving door for executives in the big-farm sector), they devoured smaller companies, corraled much of the nation's livestock and began treating animals as production units, not living, feeling creatures with basic rights. Their motto: maximum profit for minimum input, meaning far fewer workers tending vastly larger stocks, and animals confined in tight, dark spaces for the ease and convenience of staff.

she comes across as sickeningly perfect-and everyone knows the more perfect people act the less perfect they really are!

I have seen worse. :D

170261470.jpg

TexasBred":2epp601c said:
Word is that Garth Brooks and his wife Trisha Yearwood have gone vegan too. Guess it's cheaper to try to fill her up on veggies than meat. :lol2:

I watched a Garth Brooks special the other night. He went none stop for an hour. Moving all over the stage all of the time, looks as if he has a lot of energy. If I could go none stop as he did I think I might become a vegan. When I grew up I thought that a steak only came one way and that was a round steak. We got to eat steak once a month why once a month that was the only time we went to town, we ate a lot of chicken that we raised on the yard. Pork in the winter also from a hog we raised. Also a lot of veggies canned of course and fresh when available. and sweet potatoes.

Brute 23":68pujjyt said:
GMN":68pujjyt said:
she comes across as sickeningly perfect-and everyone knows the more perfect people act the less perfect they really are!

From the first time I saw CU... I always thought crazy blond. To me she looks like she could crack at any moment.

I dated a blonde a while ago. She said "I don't mind blonde jokes. I know I'm not dumb and I'm not blonde".

One PETA member suggested that farm animals be kept in sanctuaries, which would be funded by the rice milk and almond milk industries. Another protester suggested that the cattle be released into the wild, where if they are given enough time and opportunity, they can find enough food in the wild to survive.

http://beefmagazine.com/blog/peta-prote ... ion-cattle

Well if there was a chipoltes around here it would soon be gone because of that commercial. Seems like folks around here don;t go for the scare tactics crap. I can't remember the name of it but one of the big chains opened a place in town and shortly after they started with one of those scare type commercials. It's now a laundromat.

Parents outraged after kids given PETA "comic" showing mutilated cows
WOODLAND HILLS, Calif. - Parents say they are considering taking PETA to court over an innocent-looking comic handed out to children at Calabash Elementary School in Woodland Hills that contained graphic images of mutilated cows, CBS Los Angeles reports.

Claire Borsheim and many other parents at the Woodland Hills campus were outraged after PETA handed out the pamphlets to their children the same day a baby cow was on campus for a lesson about dairy farming.

The pamphlet appeared to be a cartoon comic and was titled "A Cow's Life," but the images inside were horrifying, parents said.

"My 6-year-old daughter was handed one of these comics, saw the insert of the mutilated cow that I ripped away right away, she started flipping through it and saw pictures of baby cows being electrocuted, factory farms with machetes, I mean, just graphically horrifying images for a 6 year old," Borsheim said.

http://www.ktvq.com/news/parents-outrag ... ated-cows/

dun":58fi3gnp said:
Well if there was a chipoltes around here it would soon be gone because of that commercial. Seems like folks around here don;t go for the scare tactics crap. I can't remember the name of it but one of the big chains opened a place in town and shortly after they started with one of those scare type commercials. It's now a laundromat.
There's atleast 2 in Springfield, we have never whent in one and don't plan to.

Fashion designer Stella McCartney (Paul's daughter) getting political to kick off the week. She had posted a photo of a button that read, "Animals are not ours to eat.

Just saw this -
The agriculture political industrial complex, fueled by massive requirements for inputs to feed farmed animals, has created a monster.

If people, especially in so called "developed" nations, ate a plant based diet, we'd have millions of acres more to grow food for humans. It is staggering to learn that 70% of ALL soy, wheat, corn, barley grown, is fed to cows and other species of farmed animals.
The meat and dairy industry sell their pounds of flesh as just that, the fatter the better market price.

We also feed 80% of ALL anti-biotics manufactured to farmed animals. If one researches the foundation of the American Empire, one understands the livestock trade and how farmed animals get the lions share of food, while millions of human beings can't afford to eat proper nutrients.

Instead of eating "pork patties" and drinking milk from the udders of species who produce it for their young, we should hold politicians accountable to shift the agriculture system to one that feeds humans, NOT billions of farmed animals, leaving a legacy of human disease, environmental devastation, and increasing risks for super bugs that mutate into deadly strains of E-coli( NOT FROM VEGGIES BUT FROM ANIMAL WASTE).

http://www.npr.org/2011/06/23/137319064 ... the-hungry

Folks we are at war. From the same article -

Seven kilograms of grain are required to produce 1 kilogram of beef; the conversion is 4-to-1 for pork and 2-to-1 for poultry. Each kilogram of meat represents several kilograms of grain that could be consumed directly by humans, not to mention the water and farmland required to grow the grain. To put this in uncomplicated terms, the beef in a Big Mac represents enough wheat to produce five loaves of bread.

Huge amounts of food - not to mention the water and farmland required to grow the food - can be freed up by modest reduction in meat production. For example, if the 670 million tons of the world's grain that is fed to livestock were reduced by 10 percent, the resulting grain could feed 225 million people or to keep up with growth in the human population over the next three years.

If each American reduced his or her meat consumption by just 5 percent, roughly equivalent to eating one less dish of meat each week, enough grain would be saved to feed 25 million people - the number estimated to go hungry in the United States each day.

The massive waste produced by livestock threaten waterways worldwide. In the United States, where 130 times more animal manure is produced than human waste - 5 tons for every U.S. citizen -

Do you want to be fat, constantly hungry, or both? Keep eating that birdseed. (Known to our overlords as "heart-healthy whole grains".) The US government pays big agribusiness billions of dollars of our tax money each year to overproduce grain—to the point that we're forced to put corn ethanol in our cars at a net energy loss just to get rid of the excess. Your poor health and shortened life help keep their profits high.

Do you want to be healthy, happy, and strong? Eat real food. Try this: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/10 ... aleo-diet/

HDRider":390d7a7k said:
The massive waste produced by livestock threaten waterways worldwide. In the United States, where 130 times more animal manure is produced than human waste - 5 tons for every U.S. citizen -

OK, but. Check how many cities and towns had uncontrolled discharges from their sewage treatment plants during heavy rain events. The discharge of untreated human sewage is normally "forgiven" as "uncontrollable circumstances" because of heavy rain events.
By US code, any discharge of waste from a CAFO (confined Animal Feeding Operation) is forbidden. But cities and towns get a "slap on the wrist" for discharges.
What is your preference for water discharges of waste. Human or Hog. I don't want hog waste in my water (I only drink Perrier) but I damned sure don't want human waste in there.
NPR is the poorest source of info on AG. I'm anxiously awaiting the the start of the organic strawberries from North Dakota season.

Don't shoot the messenger.

I am just showing how wacked some are and they put a lot of energy in their efforts.

Media likes to promote wack jobs.

Movie stars like promotion.

Latest posts