carbon copies

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl8":1onzedz1 said:
They say that to insult me.....whatever flips their skirt.

You do things to yourself. Trying to convince people that Mountain Lions leave no tracks and just float along in the air is an example.

backhoeboogie":3nme8j3m said:
cowgirl8":3nme8j3m said:
They say that to insult me.....whatever flips their skirt.

You do things to yourself. Trying to convince people that Mountain Lions leave no tracks and just float along in the air is an example.
What? I dunno where you live, but in leaf covered woods and where there water puddles in grassy areas so that going to a cows chunked up pond isnt necessary , nothing the size of a cougar will leave tracks....Why bring this up? BTW, you'd never know the calf was so damaged. Hes fully recovered and healed...Next year i will be prepared for that cougar..

pdfangus":3nqvfrwu said:
I must have missed it

what is the mutant bull?
I just named him mutant bull...He grew so fast and looked different than all the other calves. We kept him to try out as a bull and the calves pictured are his first..

cowgirl8":3v00xp40 said:
...Next year i will be prepared for that cougar..

You had experts. Professionals. Trying to help you. You dissed them and expressed your expertise. :lol:

backhoeboogie":10lu841z said:
cowgirl8":10lu841z said:

You had experts. Professionals. Trying to help you. You dissed them and expressed your expertise. :lol:
I had my professional Vet examine him and he is the one who said it was a cougar, remember i took it in for a puncture wound, the cougar bite was what my vet said after he shaved the area and found fang marks and claw marks...What you guys are going on is 'google experting'.. I have the calf here, the calf went to the vet, i got pictures of the cat on my game camera, i doctored the damage the cat did and it was a devastating injury. The google expertise saying that cougars go for the neck, well, in most circumstances i'm sure thats what it shows. I've seen pictures of cougars carrying prey by the neck, but did it only go for the neck. Do they only go for the neck on a curled up newborn calf, or do they pounce and bite the spine?
In an area where there is snow or lots of dirt, you'd get tracks. I'm really good at tracking, been doing it for many years. You cannot get tracks off leaves. Cougars rarely venture out in the open, all calves gotten by him have been in the woods. This cat has over 500 acres of woods just on our place. There is no reason for this cat to ever walk out in the opening, thus, no tracks, The only place i could have gotten tracks is off the fire lane he crossed, but it was covered in leaves and rye grass...If you do not live in an area like this, i guess it would be hard to understand since the only experience you have is googling..lol....could you please tell me where i was suppose to find tracks????? He also tends to hang around for only 2 or 3 weeks, so i'm not going to get tracks in this area any other time.

Kingfisher":aznxd2zg said:
What's that Mutant bull look like today?
He's been on cows since May, so he's lost a little weight. He's still growing too, just 3. He's not a tall bull, we like that. He's built like a tank. Cant wait till he's finished growing.. He's going to be at least 75% angus, some sim and a touch of simbra..Weaned out over 700...

cowgirl8":449xhuz6 said:
backhoeboogie":449xhuz6 said:
cowgirl8":449xhuz6 said:

I had my professional Vet examine him and he is the one who said it was a cougar, remember i took it in for a puncture wound, the cougar bite was what my vet said after he shaved the area and found fang marks and claw marks...What you guys are going on is 'google experting'.. I have the calf here, the calf went to the vet, i got pictures of the cat on my game camera, i doctored the damage the cat did and it was a devastating injury. The google expertise saying that cougars go for the neck, well, in most circumstances i'm sure thats what it shows. I've seen pictures of cougars carrying prey by the neck, but did it only go for the neck. Do they only go for the neck on a curled up newborn calf, or do they pounce and bite the spine?
In an area where there is snow or lots of dirt, you'd get tracks. I'm really good at tracking, been doing it for many years. You cannot get tracks off leaves. Cougars rarely venture out in the open, all calves gotten by him have been in the woods. This cat has over 500 acres of woods just on our place. There is no reason for this cat to ever walk out in the opening, thus, no tracks, The only place i could have gotten tracks is off the fire lane he crossed, but it was covered in leaves and rye grass...If you do not live in an area like this, i guess it would be hard to understand since the only experience you have is googling..lol....could you please tell me where i was suppose to find tracks????? He also tends to hang around for only 2 or 3 weeks, so i'm not going to get tracks in this area any other time.

Here we go again. "google expert" doesn't trap a dang thing for me. Government trappers can't rely on google to do their work for them.

An hour ago you didn't even know where I lived. Now I am a google expert and you know everything there is to know about me.

Some of these folks here have been amongst us over a dozen years. You should read the posts sometimes and let it sink in. Maybe you will get to know a little about us (like maybe where we live etc) before you start lecturing us.

Mice leave tracks. Squirrels leave tracks. Lizards leave tracks. They are lighter than your critter is. There are lots of works and books on ichnology. I have works published by ichnologists going back to way before there was google. But you probably don't even read what I just wrote. You'll just get all inflamed and forget who the heck wrote what within the next hour.

backhoeboogie":3t7ebvq5 said:
"blow my skirt up?" I am just amazed :)
This thread is about calves out of one of my bulls..If you have an old beef, go take a nap, go for a walk... Let it go man
Even with all the first hand expert knowledge i gave you, you still insist i dont listen to you guys. Any person would know that getting tracks off a half foot of leaves where there are cows, so tracking rustled leaves is rather pointless, well, not gonna happen. Not sure what you're not understanding??? Why are you insistent that i know nothing? or are you so mad that the bull is working out that you want to either lock this thread or bury the pictures????? LOL, ran to the vet today in my bee suit, doing a trap out at the egg factory..I usually dont talk much so really the only thing people know about it is about the animals i take in and what others may have said. The front desk girl said, 'BEES! is there anything you dont do????' Actually, there isnt. I cant knit, but there is nothing i cant tackle except knitting. Some things are easy, but some are really hard and it makes me work harder to learn it. This is what some of you refuse to understand. If i act like i know something about something, its because i know something about something.

cowgirl8":3tfricdx said:
Kingfisher":3tfricdx said:
He's been on cows since May, so he's lost a little weight. He's still growing too, just 3. He's not a tall bull, we like that. He's built like a tank. Cant wait till he's finished growing.. He's going to be at least 75% angus, some sim and a touch of simbra..Weaned out over 700...
Reposting because some want to bury it....

cowgirl8":11obpwur said:
Here are the 2 bulls we kept out of this red bull.. One is black, but looks enough like the red bull to say he's 100% his.

The rest of his are heifers....

I really like the last heifer calf and both of the bulls you posted photos of are really stout. I'm glad that your 3 year old bull is working well for you.

cowgirl8":178wnlqk said:
Kingfisher":178wnlqk said:
What a bull I'd be glad to have him in my pasture :)

I like him a lot, don't mind the naysayers, keep doing what works for you

Thanks....Next year we'll get more out of him and then we'll see what he can do.. Would rather he be black. Next year he may share this herd with his 2 sons.

Latest posts