Capitalist 316

Help Support CattleToday:

Certainly a great looking calving ease bull.
More calving ease and carcass weight than his sire
but with milk 30 vs milk 20 and $EN -19 vs $EN 8 saying he will be a better cow maker than his sire is puffing to me.

Son of Butch":33tz9m9r said:
Certainly a great looking calving ease bull.
More calving ease and carcass weight than his sire
but with milk 30 vs milk 20 and $EN -19 vs $EN 8 saying he will be a better cow maker than his sire is puffing to me.

Can you explain more on the milk deal? The higher the number, the more milk a cow makes, but makes her work harder (ie eat more) to keep her frame score consistent? Am I understanding how this works? And, I really don't like that $EN number too much, but his other traits are nice.

Yes, you got it and he has the pedigree to be very good other than $EN he looks awfully high headed in the 2nd picture and that always worries me when it comes to breed docility.
I sure like his thick muscling look and the sons pictured.

Son of Butch":3lxtawar said:
Yes, you got it and he has the pedigree to be very good other than $EN he looks awfully high headed in the 2nd picture and that always worries me when it comes to breed docility.
I sure like his thick muscling look and the sons pictured.

Thanks! :wave:

That bull looks awesome. I'd give him a try.
I thought the same thing as SOB on that 2nd pic with how he held his head, but who knows from a pic.
It seems that most bull's $E score get better as more progeny data is recorded, so that wouldn't bother me too much. Unfortunately their growth values generally decline with more data, though..

We sampled him this fall to bring down some height but keep capacity. We have liked a couple offspring out of other bulls in the Musgrave Angus program before so we giving him a try. If they result in live births will let you know how they do on temperments.

We used him three weeks ago also, on non-FA heifers. Should be good on fescue tolerance coming from Musgrave. We're obviously a fan of his sire along with 316 himself, and are also hoping to plug a 316 son in, Musgrave Stunner

Latest posts