Canadians & their animals....

Help Support CattleToday:

Limomike

Reaction score
If you havent already seen this.... or for you Canac's... driven it...I found this to be amazing:

elkxing.JPG

This is the actual turn-off from Banff, Alberta, Canada to the #1 highway to Calgary.

Great picture isn't it? They had to build the animals (especially the elk)

their own crossing because that was where the natural crossing was and

after the highway was built there were far too many accidents.

It didn't take the animals long to learn that this was their very own bridge!

thats pretty neat.. around here though, dont matter where your at. a white tail will come out of no where right into your windsheild like a giant bug,. especially during season.you got too keep plenty of duct tape, and extra screws on hand.

Pretty common to see lots and lots of animals.

It is neat though.

In fact this would not have made a lot of out door Canadians do much more than look as they drove by.

Not uncommon to see deer in the 50's to 100's in some fields as well.

Deer, bear are becoming vermin they are so common in some areas.

My almost 80 year old Dad shoots two deer every year - from a chair on my back deck - drinking coffee with a blanket wrapped around his legs. I do the gutting and hauling. This year it will be my wife who does the work - I am a long ways from home.

Elk in Ontario are also becoming a pain in the @ss.

C'mon up and kill lots - including the geese - PLEASE!

Bez+

Bez+":mjb9dkap said:
Pretty common to see lots and lots of animals.

It is neat though.

In fact this would not have made a lot of out door Canadians do much more than look as they drove by.

Not uncommon to see deer in the 50's to 100's in some fields as well.

Deer, bear are becoming vermin they are so common in some areas.

My almost 80 year old Dad shoots two deer every year - from a chair on my back deck - drinking coffee with a blanket wrapped around his legs. I do the gutting and hauling. This year it will be my wife who does the work - I am a long ways from home.

Elk in Ontario are also becoming a pain in the @ss.

C'mon up and kill lots - including the geese - PLEASE!

Bez+

I was kinda wonderin'....Do ya'll call them Canadian geese up there, or are they just geese? Same with bacon.

dyates I was kinda wonderin'....Do ya'll call them Canadian geese up there said:
Yup along with Speckle Bellies, Honkers, Squeakers and so on.

The Canada Goose and all his relatives. Mostly rats with feathers. Clean a field of rising wheat or corn in an afternoon - replant and they come again.

In the fall they clean up any swathed grain in no time. When 5-10 thousand birds hit a field it gets cleaned up real quick

Heard of Canadian bacon - never had any though - my family always called it pea meal bacon.

Sorry for the hijack

Bez+

That's pretty good.
Here in England there is a road that has been built for Badgers to cross as to many are being killed.
and in The New Forest in the South of England they have a toad crossing, how mad are we English? :lol2:

There is the awsner to Jo Gee's snake problem they need some crossings. Anyways that is pretty neat. Wonder if i could get Arkansas Game and Fish to build some of them across my fences to keep the Elk from tearing them down.

That's amazing. Those Canadians are pretty smart people. Notice all the light poles are aluminum? Dang near impossible to use a climbing stand on them. ;-) :lol2:

Red Bull Breeder":y2luodhd said:
There is the awsner to Jo Gee's snake problem they need some crossings. Anyways that is pretty neat. Wonder if i could get Arkansas Game and Fish to build some of them across my fences to keep the Elk from tearing them down.

They opened up a limited elk season in Ark a few yrs ago didn't they Bull

Jogeephus":2pzshki4 said:
That's amazing. Those Canadians are pretty smart people. Notice all the light poles are aluminum? Dang near impossible to use a climbing stand on them. ;-) :lol2:

Nobody uses aluminum around here anymore. The crack-heads will tote it off. Even noticed lately that the road departments are now using wood for sign posts (instead of steel).

grannysoo":8314yt3t said:
Jogeephus":8314yt3t said:

Nobody uses aluminum around here anymore. The crack-heads will tote it off. Even noticed lately that the road departments are now using wood for sign posts (instead of steel).

Latest posts